More transfer rumours

midds

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

How is he commanding such a high fee, considering his stats to date? Seems massively underwhelming on paper but would love to hear from someone who’s watched him play 

Porto fans on twitter are amazed that we bid that much and even more amazed Porto would turn it down. Not the best signs ?

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Porto fans on twitter are amazed that we bid that much and even more amazed Porto would turn it down. Not the best signs ?

Poor numbers. Very strange but the source is not shit.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

To be honest can’t say I’ve seen it heard of him before now, a quick Denis Wise scouting mission revealed that he has the most shite “amazing skills, assists & goals” clips I’ve seen all summer.

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

Pepe another mate of Bruno? No doubt played U23, etc. for Brazil together.

A quick trannymarkt says aye.

Never heard of him tbh and I watched a couple of Porto games last season too, so obviously didn’t leave an impression. Wouldnt be surprised if it’s the agent running the story.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Didn’t Globo break the Bruno stuff early on?

Think so, could be wrong but I seem to remember them also being the outlet who first ran with the story of us looking to explore the Brazilian market too

8 hours ago, Miercoles said:

That's fair.

I guess my thinking is that we need to be signing someone who will start over Wilson, who in turn needs to be used as the backup and not our main goal threat. I know he's really good, but he's completely unreliable over a season.

In an ideal world that is what will happen but I think we have more priority positions to address before we sign a new starting striker as the fees no doubt would be massive for a player like that, need to use our wiggle room with FFP wisely on upgrading our weakest positions in the squad first.

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Nine said:

In an ideal world that is what will happen but I think we have more priority positions to address before we sign a new starting striker as the fees no doubt would be massive for a player like that, need to use our wiggle room with FFP wisely on upgrading our weakest positions in the squad first.

Would agree with that, hopefully we can bring a young player in who can jump right in when called upon and contribute immediately, I'm sure that was the idea with Hugo but who knows about that now. However I think you're right that we don't necessarily need a top tier signing because I definitely rate Wilson when fit and I'm a confirmed Chris Wood apologist too so I'm not sure what I'm complaining about here haha.

After latest round of rumours, here’s a speculation-filled exciting ‘top-four fantasy’ line-up for next season (… something to think about whilst season ticket seeking!):

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Targett 

Guimarães Joelinton

Paqueta Wijnaldum ASM

Osimhen 

14 hours ago, Miercoles said:

That's fair.

I guess my thinking is that we need to be signing someone who will start over Wilson, who in turn needs to be used as the backup and not our main goal threat. I know he's really good, but he's completely unreliable over a season.

It would have to be some striker to start over Wilson mind. Then you would probably end up losing Wilson as well as I don't think he's the type who will be prepared to sit on the bench at his age.

Just now, TRon said:

It would have to be some striker to start over Wilson mind. Then you would probably end up losing Wilson as well as I don't think he's the type who will be prepared to sit on the bench at his age.

He doesn't even sit on the bench half of the time and that's the point.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He doesn't even sit on the bench half of the time and that's the point.

Yes I get it, he's injured a lot, but I'm presuming we were buying a striker good enough to start over Wilson, he'd have to be top drawer, and that would put Wilson's future here in doubt. I'm all for buying the best btw, I just don't think we are at that stage yet. It will be a young promising striker who can compete with Wilson but won't necessarily start over him.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yes I get it, he's injured a lot, but I'm presuming we were buying a striker good enough to start over Wilson, he'd have to be top drawer, and that would put Wilson's future here in doubt. I'm all for buying the best btw, I just don't think we are at that stage yet. It will be a young promising striker who can compete with Wilson but won't necessarily start over him.

What if he misses half the season though again. Say we get a promising young striker, but is then thrust into being a regular as a result of Wilson being off long term again. Very dangerous position that mind as the exact same thing happened with Jon Dahl Tomasson.

Edited by et tu brute

Just now, et tu brute said:

What if he misses half the season though again. Say we get a promising young striker, but is then thrust into being a regular as a result of a Wilson being off long term again. Very dangerous position that mind as the exact same thing happened with Jon Dahl Tomasson.

We've got Wood there as well.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

What if he misses half the season though again. Say we get a promising young striker, but is then thrust into being a regular as a result of Wilson being off long term again. Very dangerous position that mind as the exact same thing happened with Jon Dahl Tomasson.

What would you propose?

A player on a par or better than Wilson will take his place and may force him out the door.

A young understudy may not yet be good enough.

Ultimately, if we are to progress as a club, there needs to be competition for places and the players will have to welcome it or be replaced by better ones.

4 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

After latest round of rumours, here’s a speculation-filled exciting ‘top-four fantasy’ line-up for next season (… something to think about whilst season ticket seeking!):

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Targett 

Guimarães Joelinton

Paqueta Wijnaldum ASM

Osimhen 

I’ve been surprised at the lack of Wijnaldum rumours, I would definitely take him.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’ve been surprised at the lack of Wijnaldum rumours, I would definitely take him.

Me too. He needs a move to somewhere where he’ll play if he is to make the WC squad, so I could see him being interested too. Perhaps a loan where we pay only a part of his wages might suit both parties, if the Bahraini Qatari are open to doing a deal with us.

Edited by Unbelievable

Just now, Kimbo said:

This place is something else ... you would actually be happy to go and spend a fee and significant wages on a 31 year old Wijnaldum. God forbid!!!

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Me too. He needs a move to somewhere where he’ll play if he is to make the WC squad, so I could see him being interested too. Perhaps a loan where we pay only a part of his wages might suit both parties, if the Bahraini are open to doing a deal with us.

NO!!!!

Time to move forward. Allow these guys on the downturn man. Please stop it!