More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They rarely see their kids anyway due to their football career. Again, I know there are lots of variables and many valid ones, but ask yourself this, if you had dedicated 20 years or so to your profession, were already a multi millionaire, would you not want to play the sport you gave so much up for as a kid and teenager to continue even if you had to take a pay cut? 

Also, I imagine footballers see more of their kids then most workers. They finish at 2pm most days ffs :lol:

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone who has played any sort of football or sport would do anything they could to play for as long as possible l, especially professionals. 

Like not drink booze or do drugs for example….? 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

My point is that there are a range of factors to consider. You're completely right that playing as much football as you can is a big factor, but it doesn't automatically override others such as finances, family life, injury concerns etc.

If playing football was the be all and end all why does every PL footballer not end up playing in League Two at the age of 38? A couple do but most retire at a PL/champ team because playing away at Northampton Town with cloggers smashing you every week probably isn't as appealing as you seem to think it is.

We are not talking about 38 year olds here. And to use a 37 year old, Ronaldo. He is the wealthiest footballer on the planet and wants to play every game, every minute and trains so hard because he’s dedicated to the job of being a footballer which he’s dedicated all his life too. It’s about mentality and I refuse to respect any footballer whatever the circumstances who are happy to just pick up a salary and not play. A waste of a squad number, a shirt and money.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Imagine the conversation with your lass when you're trying to explain why you're taking a 30 grand a week pay cut and moving the family to Rotherham.

Exactly :lol: "But it's my love of the beautiful game pet"

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Also, I imagine footballers see more of their kids then most workers. They finish at 2pm most days ffs :lol:

Lucky them…

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Imagine the conversation with your lass when you're trying to explain why you're taking a 30 grand a week pay cut and moving the family to Rotherham.

Lucky them…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

We are not talking about 38 year olds here. And to use a 37 year old, Ronaldo. He is the wealthiest footballer on the planet and wants to play every game, every minute and trains so hard because he’s dedicated to the job of being a footballer which he’s decimated all his life too. It’s about mentality and I refuse to respect any footballer whatever the circumstances happy to just pick up his salary and not play. A waste of a squad number, a shirt and money.

So when Ronaldo eventually leaves Man U or Chelsea or whereever he ends up at the age of 40, you would expect him to want to play in the Championship for Stoke if they offer him a 1 year deal at £30k a week? Because he's dedicated his life to the game and wants to play it as long as possible?

Comparing the jobs is obviously ridiculous, but thinking that footballers are going to act differently to how we would in certain situations is equally ridiculous tbh. 

If you have no ties and it's going to damage your long-term career by not getting game time, it's a lot easier to make the love of the game case to take a pay cut than it would be if you're 32 and your wife and kids think of Newcastle as home. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Comparing the jobs is obviously ridiculous, but thinking that footballers are going to act differently to how we would in certain situations is equally ridiculous tbh. 

If you have no ties and it's going to damage your long-term career by not getting game time, it's a lot easier to make the love of the game case to take a pay cut than it would be if you're 32 and your wife and kids think of Newcastle as home. 

In terms of Clark, he turned down the chance to go to Boro in January on loan, hardly have to his family would he.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

So when Ronaldo eventually leaves Man U or Chelsea or whereever he ends up at the age of 40, you would expect him to want to play in the Championship for Stoke if they offer him a 1 year deal at £30k a week? Because he's dedicated his life to the game and wants to play it as long as possible?

I guarantee wherever he ends up, he’ll play for whatever money, just like Ronaldinho still plays for nothing for the love of playing even though he’s not a pro anymore!

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

In terms of Clark, he turned down the chance to go to Boro in January on loan, hardly have to his family would he.

Just saying, not every situation is identical. A contract is a two-way thing as well. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

It's all a pointless arguement. Basically, if we can't sell them, we will loan them out and we will accept proposals from the clubs willing to pay the highest percentage of wages.

We will wait as long as possible for clubs to get desperate and therefore willing to pay more wages.

I wouldn't let it worry any of you, most will be gone come September and those who aren't probably won't make the squad. None if them are under any illusions about the situation.

I guarantee wherever he ends up, he’ll play for whatever money, just like Ronaldinho still plays for nothing for the love of playing even though he’s not a pro anymore!

This is a mental argument. Ronaldinho isn't a professional footballer any more. And why are you ignoring the 100s of professional footballers who choose to retire at 34/35 instead of playing in the lower leagues? Do you lack respect for Alan Shearer as a result? He could have played for a few years in the Championship if he loved the game so much.

Just now, jonny1403 said:

This is a mental argument. Ronaldinho isn't a professional footballer any more. And why are you ignoring the 100s of professional footballers who choose to retire at 34/35 instead of playing in the lower leagues? Do you lack respect for Alan Shearer as a result? He could have played for a few years in the Championship if he loved the game so much.

No he couldn’t his knee injury and one’s previous ended any chance he wound have had to play longer, he turned down contract offers to continue playing for us.

Guest HTT II

You’re talking about players retiring man. We are talking about current players who have a few years left to play. Not that I’m bothered, it’s not me paying the feckless fuckers to sit on a bench or train and go home without ever playing!

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No he couldn’t his knee injury and one’s previous ended any chance he wound have had to play longer, he turned down contract offers to continue playing for us.

Eh? Shearer announced his retirement before the season started. He got his knee injury in April the following year.

56 minutes ago, Disco said:

I've seen Diaby play in person for Leverkusen; mad quick but other than that didn't stand out. Always a worry buying players who are fast from the Bundesliga as they always have space in behind to exploit which makes them look good and isn't the case anywhere near much in the PL. Albeit teams aren't going to be parking the bus against us but then Bailey didn't do much at Villa. Good age profile and everything else though and handily can play both sides but I think the figures are overblown; definitely paying extra as Leverkusen aren't as needy for cash as the proper German clubs.

Interesting, might explain why there doesn't seem to have been as much interest in him as the likes of Raphinha and Anthony this summer, and also why we are being quite strict with our valuation of him.

Eh? Shearer announced his retirement before the season started. He got his knee injury in April the following year.

Yeah but he stopped playing because his body couldn’t handle it anymore which is why he turned down further offers from us to keep playing.

You’re talking about players retiring man. We are talking about current players who have a few years left to play. Not that I’m bothered, it’s not me paying the feckless fuckers to sit on a bench or train and go home without ever playing!

But you said the main aim for any footballer is to play as many games as possible. So why would a player like Shearer retire when he could have played another two seasons in the Championship? After all, you've already said you lack respect for footballers who put family life first.

Guest HTT II
Just now, jonny1403 said:

But you said the main aim for any footballer is to play as many games as possible. So why would a player like Shearer retire when he could have played another two seasons in the Championship? After all, you've already said you lack respect for footballers who put family life first.

He retired through injury, he would have kept on playing had he not and I guarantee if he come to the end of his NUFC contract and was fit to play still, he’d have dropped down a level on less pay ala a Rooney and thousands of other players who have done so just to play.