More transfer rumours

midds

Think it makes sense to get a loan for the CF position. Ideally Wilson will stay fit, and Wood will be used in certain games - Howe just spent 25 mil on him.

I'd take Broja.. But I'd pass on Lingard. I'd rather play Elliot more or buy Sarr tbh.

Just now, Schecter said:

We need more quality going forward. Alot more IMO. Wilson is brilliant but has a very poor track record of injury, Wood has been under performing in front of goal but did contribute a lot in terms of pressing, however he's back up at best. Miggy, Fraser and ASM have all very poor end product. And out of the three I can only envision ASM improving on his stats however he needs to have an outstanding season next season otherwise he might be replaced. Murphy isn't good enough and the rest will be shipped out. We really need to get in at least 2 attacking players and I'd be concerned if the club don't see that too. We have enough defensively to be competitive but we were really impotent last season going forward and we still haven't addressed that yet. But I think they will but looks like we will have to be patient. 

If you look at our possession stats, chances created and goals scored it's obvious that we need two (3 in my opinion) players with the necessary improvements in quality. Fortunately I think the owners and Howe will be fully aware of this also. 

23 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I dunno about that like, I personally am kind of against having a state own us that’s why I’ll probably never get a season ticket or buy merch from the club, but on the pitch I’m a very happy chappy right now that my club, our club, is out of that cunt Ashley’s ownership, we can’t control who owns us. All I know is Mandoon, who I’ve met is a top lad, a fantastic poster, very knowledgeable and is a scout so his posts are always interesting regarding players I’ve not heard or seen play of as he obviously does his research, that and he himself is a good player and a handsome bastard to boot.

It wasn't a criticism of him [emoji38]

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

It wasn't a criticism of him [emoji38]

I know ha ha, hopefully he will be back soon!

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Think it makes sense to get a loan for the CF position. Ideally Wilson will stay fit, and Wood will be used in certain games - Howe just spent 25 mil on him.

I'd take Broja.. But I'd pass on Lingard. I'd rather play Elliot more or buy Sarr tbh.

Aye, signing Lingard right now makes no sense when we have an apparent highly rated youngster who can do a similar job based on our Bristol Rover friends’ accounts of his time there. I’d rather we promote him to the first-team than sign Lingard.

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

He wasn’t talking shit tho. That’s what he was originally briefed then we had to spend on wood which wasn’t planned for and I’m sure it’s since came out bruno was a chance they couldn’t miss. That’s not to say the budget won’t change but at the moment that’s what’s being briefed 

That's kind of my point though, I doubt there is a set budget and probably quite pragmatic about it all. Anyway, who's fussed how much we spend, as long as we get what we need in the right areas.

Guest HTT II
Just now, 54 said:

£30m for Tielemans and then a loan to buy for Broja would be great business.

Add a RW to that and we'd be golden.

If he’s gonna cost that much, I’d rather we put that towards + extra for Paqueta who can fill in a few positions. 

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's kind of my point though, I doubt there is a set budget and probably quite pragmatic about it all. Anyway, who's fussed how much we spend, as long as we get what we need in the right areas.

Uefa 😀

Edited by Gawalls

28 minutes ago, HTT II said:

If he’s gonna cost that much, I’d rather we put that towards + extra for Paqueta who can fill in a few positions. 

They are different types of players. Tielemans can play a defensive/holding midfielder or a central midfielder. He can play deep and receive the ball in front of the defenders, or he can play a bit more advanced to support our strikers. Paqueta can play more in the final third as an attacking midfielder or close to a second striker. 

choosing one over the other depends on the tactics Howe plans to play. 

Edited by Solitude20

14 minutes ago, toon25 said:

What a statement signing Tielemans would be

Always thought he struggled athletically personally. Nice player, neat and tidy with good passing range but we’d basically be blowing our budget on almost replicating Shelvey. Not seeing what others are seeing on this one. What am I missing?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

People not rating Tielemens now? Yikes. Either way, he isn’t coming here (unfortunately).

I don’t get why folks in here are obsessed with having athletic/physical players in every role or possession even when those roles don’t need those qualities. 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

He is as much of an un-athletic slug as Bruno tbf.

Which is my concern. Still having flashbacks of Liverpool running through our midfield with our players trailing in their wake.  Definitely need a different type of midfielder IMO.

1 hour ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Even if we spend 100 million. Doesn't this get spread over possibly 5 years so we are actually affecting FFP by 20 million. 

Or am I totally out of the picture.

It’s spread over the contract of the player so if we sign players on a 5 year contracts that’s how it works, but not every player will sign a 5 year deal 

7 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

There's no way Tielemans is coming here this summer anyway.

It's crackers, but it does seem like contact has been made at some level.