More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Please, please, please, please, please, please stop posting anything Sean Casey says.

Sorry [emoji38] Had no idea about him

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

I don’t know, didn’t realise his account was gone, just thought he was taking a break. @Slim is he doing ok?

Sure he won't mind me saying that he's got a job scouting for Stoke.

I didn't know his account was gone but I'm due to catch u/celebrate with him.

Hrs alive so thats always a positive!

4 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Honestly Shelvey under Eddie has been better than Tielemans has been this season. 

Tielemans is a better player but they do have alot of the same weaknesses. 

Yep that was my main point. Wasn’t me not rating Tielemans but him and Shelvey lack the things we are needing to add to our midfield if Bruno and Joelinton are 2 of the 3. They also have similar strengths. Hence why they do belong in the same sentence together.

Actually thought Tielemans was more dynamic when playing in Belgium the couple of times I saw him. Maybe it’s just the difference of intensities of the leagues but felt he’s went backwards particularly this last 12 months. Have a funny feeling Arsenal are having second thoughts about him now after initially being their No.1 target.

Broja surely only plays if Wilson is injured or out of form, doesn’t he? Would he/Chelsea go for that after a season where he played almost every game?

I never picked up on Tielmans being slow tbh, always thought he looked class every time I watched him. I guess people outside of Newcastle must think that of Shelvey as well though.

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep that was my main point. Wasn’t me not rating Tielemans but him and Shelvey lack the things we are needing to add to our midfield if Bruno and Joelinton are 2 of the 3. They also have similar strengths. Hence why they do belong in the same sentence together.

Actually thought Tielemans was more dynamic when playing in Belgium the couple of times I saw him. Maybe it’s just the difference of intensities of the leagues but felt he’s went backwards particularly this last 12 months. Have a funny feeling Arsenal are having second thoughts about him now after initially being their No.1 target.

He's played an insane amount of professional football for his age, like. Which probably hasn't helped. Bruno is a year rounger for example with under 10k minutes played, Tielemans has 32k! 

Didn't listen to it myself, but a summary from Jacobs:

If Arsenal bid for Tielemans he'll go there but if they don't, us and Man United have made enquiries.

The Ekitike deal is dead. We've walked away due to agent demands 

Howe made it clear that he didn't want to add any more than three or four, plus Targett.

He thinks the budget is felixble and he wouldn't be suprised if it was anywhere between £100 million and £150 million.

He'd like to see us sign Paqueta or Osimhen.

A Broja loan deal would well work for both clubs, but the player may want a permanent move.

Eriksen is waiting to see what Man United do.

Diaby is available for a base fee of £35 million to £40 million (£50 million to £55 million with add ons), but there's been no progress as we're looking for a striker first. He think Leverkusen will sell Diaby this transfer window and PSG are big fans too.

We aren't in a rush to sign a winger  we'll only go into the market for the right player at the right price.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Didn't listen to it myself, but a summary from Jacobs:

If Arsenal bid for Tielemans he'll go there but if they don't, us and Man United have made enquiries.

The Ekitike deal is dead. We've walked away due to agent demands 

Howe made it clear that he didn't want to add any more than three or four, plus Targett.

He thinks the budget is felixble and he wouldn't be suprised if it was anywhere between £100 million and £150 million.

He'd like to see us sign Paqueta or Osimhen.

A Broja loan deal would well work for both clubs, but the player may want a permanent move.

Eriksen is waiting to see what Man United do.

Diaby is available for a base fee of £35 million to £40 million (£50 million to £55 million with add ons), but there's been no progress as we're looking for a striker first. He think Leverkusen will sell Diaby this transfer window and PSG are big fans too.

We aren't in a rush to sign a winger  we'll only go into the market for the right player at the right price.

That last bit is very concerning if true, considering winger should have been the priority this summer. Fortunately Jacobs’s doesn’t seem to get much right.

To be honest, if we can get another quality CM and ST, we could probably make do with Almiron & Fraser for a season, especially with Trippier at RB for a full season. The other two positions are more of a priority imo.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

To be honest, if we can get another quality CM and ST, we could probably make do with Almiron & Fraser for a season, especially with Trippier at RB for a full season. The other two positions are more of a priority imo.

We’ve had a poor window if Fraser or Almiron are our first choice winger next season. They both offer almost nothing to the side 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That last bit is very concerning if true, considering winger should have been the priority this summer. Fortunately Jacobs’s doesn’t seem to get much right.

I was asking the other evening, is Jacobs actually reliable on the transfer front? It seems that he's only started reporting on us since the takeover, which itself is a red flag.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Almiron last assisted a PL goal in September 2020. He scored 1 goal in the entirety of last season.

Fraser had 2 goals, 3 assists in 27 appearances last season.

Absolutely not. A CM is a medium term issue imo which we can sort next summer. A striker and wide player are massively important this window.

I think the reason the £80-90m budget is probably accurate is essentially because many of the players we really want are currently CL-standard and want to play CL (or at least European) football.

Obviously there are going to be exceptions like Trippier, Bruno & Botman but if we have our hearts set on the likes of Osimhen and Diaby then we're just going to have to wait.

If I had to guess what our overarching strategy is, I'd say it's try and sneak into Europe with as little outlay as possible, then be prepared to spend big should those dream targets start to show interest in coming aboard down the line. We'd be in a better position to do that (FFP-wise) if we haven't spent a load of cash on players we like, but don't love. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was asking the other evening, is Jacobs actually reliable on the transfer front? It seems that he's only started reporting on us since the takeover, which itself is a red flag.

I don’t think he’s got anything right regarding us transfer wise, he certainly hasn’t broken any news.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We’ve had a poor window if Fraser or Almiron are our first choice winger next season. They both offer almost nothing to the side 

Yes we need many more goals from RW than either Almiron or Fraser offer. We don’t score enough goals, simple as.

Fraser did well once he was fit and had a run of games. We absolutely need another striker, the difference Wilson made was huge far more than an upgrade on Fraser will have.

If Broja can bring his early Soton form I’d be all for a loan/ option to buy.

We could do with another top class midfield option. We’ve no idea how well Big Jo will find a second season in there (fingers firmly crossed) and there’s always a doubt about Shelvey while Willock has an awful lot to prove. Longstaff, I’m afraid he shouldn’t be anywhere near a starting place.

We’re desperately short up front, there’s a real argument to say we need 2 forwards coming in.

Edited by Tsunami