More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

But you said the main aim for any footballer is to play as many games as possible. So why would a player like Shearer retire when he could have played another two seasons in the Championship? After all, you've already said you lack respect for footballers who put family life first.

Where have I said I lack respect for footballers who put their family first? And let’s be real here, again if Gayle was offered parity with what he gets here at say a Luton or anywhere else, he’d up root his family lock stock and barrel so let’s not pretend this is about family. It’s a variable of circumstance of course, but any player here right now not wanted that refuses to move it’s because of money and I get that but like fuck will I sympathise with their situation. We will have to subsidise their wages, pay them up or they will have to take a pay cut. Again we will soon see the pros from the cons…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

He retired through injury, he would have kept on playing had he not and I guarantee if he come to the end of his NUFC contract and was fit to play still, he’d have dropped down a level on less pay ala a Rooney and thousands of other players who have done so just to play. 

I mean you can't guarantee that at all can you? You have no idea if Shearer would have wanted to play in the Championship. What are your thoughts on Mark Noble retiring to spend more time with his family instead of playing in the lower leagues?

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

I mean you can't guarantee that at all can you? You have no idea if Shearer would have wanted to play in the Championship. What are your thoughts on Mark Noble retiring to spend more time with his family instead of playing in the lower leagues?

Again, your are talking about players retiring, those who are not wanted here are nowhere nearing retirement man! 

26 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We are not talking about 38 year olds here. And to use a 37 year old, Ronaldo. He is the wealthiest footballer on the planet and wants to play every game, every minute and trains so hard because he’s dedicated to the job of being a footballer which he’s dedicated all his life too. It’s about mentality and I refuse to respect any footballer whatever the circumstances who are happy to just pick up a salary and not play. A waste of a squad number, a shirt and money.

Ronaldo is ego-driven to achieve success, trophies and personal accolades. Granted, that’s massively contributed in making him the player he has been, but it’s not because of his love of the beautiful game or any particular club. Turns out Man Utd are shite now and probably unlikely to win much, see you later lads. 

Just now, HTT II said:

Where have I said I lack respect for footballers who put their family first? And let’s be real here, again if Gayle was offered parity with what he gets here at say a Luton or anywhere else, he’d up root his family lock stock and barrel so let’s not pretend this is about family. It’s a variable of circumstance of course, but any player here right now not wanted that refuses to move it’s because of money and I get that but like fuck will I sympathise with their situation. We will have to subsidise their wages, pay them up or they will have to take a pay cut. Again we will soon see the pros from the cons…

You've said it multiple times:

If any of our redundant players had anything about them, they’d move to get game time, even if it comes at a cost to their pay packet. You need a sense of purpose in your life and if you’ve trained all your life to become good enough to play football at a high level or standard, to just give all that up? 

It's incredibly odd that you refuse to acknowledge that a footballer might be settled in a particular area of the country and not want to move his kids/be away from his kids to play in fucking Luton. 

Guest HTT II

You've said it multiple times:

It's incredibly odd that you refuse to acknowledge that a footballer might be settled in a particular area of the country and not want to move his kids/be away from his kids to play in fucking Luton. 

Quote me and ££££ and they will move on…

Again, your are talking about players retiring, those who are not wanted here are nowhere nearing retirement man! 

But it's the same point. You've said multiple times players should play as much as possible in their career and that should be the only consideration. Mark Noble could easily have got a Championship contract but retired to spend more time with his kids. Therefore I assume you lack respect for him as well?

How is Ciaran Clark, 33 in September, nowhere near retirement?

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

But it's the same point. You've said multiple times players should play as much as possible in their career and that should be the only consideration. Mark Noble could easily have got a Championship contract but retired to spend more time with his kids. Therefore I assume you lack respect for him as well?

How is Ciaran Clark, 33 in September, nowhere near retirement?

Noble obviously wanted to retire, let’s see if Clark wants to, or Gayle or Ritchie… 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Noble obviously wanted to retire, let’s see if Clark wants to, or Gayle or Ritchie… 

Why is retiring to spend more time with your family different to seeing out your contract at NUFC because you want to spend more time with your family instead of moving away to Stoke?

Let's face it, this all comes down to people wanting more money for NUFC to spend on players without acknowledging that the players themselves have their own concerns. Nobody really gives a shit about Clark "making the most of his career" by playing a couple more seasons in the Championship.

Edited by jonny1403

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Link to that Hayden interview I mentioned. Can’t be arsed to find out whereabouts in it he speaks about players moving on, but it’s in there somewhere. Whole thing was a fairly decent listen anyway:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/if-newcastle-dont-want-me-or-want-to-sell-me-then-that/id1464558689?i=1000546871907

Based off the timemarks in the description it must be about 27th minute

Guest HTT II

Why is retiring to spend more time with your family different to seeing out your contract at NUFC because you want to spend more time with your family instead of moving away to Stoke?

Let's face it, this all comes down to people wanting more money for NUFC to spend on players without acknowledging that the players themselves have their own concerns.  

I couldn’t give a shit about how much we spend or not, it’s about us paying people to do fuck all and them willing to take money over their career. I will say this again, if any club offered parity of pay for anyone of our unwanted players, they’d soon fuck off. You seem in denial and very naive. Players retire due to injury or because they’ve had their time and WANT to retire. It’s two totally different scenarios and as a family man I’m all for wanting to spend time with my family and not have to uproot them if I can, but life isn’t like a box of chocolates. I’m sure if I had to uproot my family even if it meant less pay, we are all mentally and functionally suited to deal with such stuff. If I’m a pro footballer, whether 21 or 33 of I’m fit, I wanna play. If it’s at NUFC for 50k a week or Luton on 10k a week. But that’s just me! Personal pride, personal satisfaction!

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I couldn’t give a shit about how much we spend or not, it’s about us paying people to do fuck all and them willing to take money over their career. I will say this again, if any club offered parity of pay for anyone of our unwanted players, they’d soon fuck off. You seem in denial and very naive. Players retire due to injury or because they’ve had their time and WANT to retire. It’s two totally different scenarios and as a family man I’m all for wanting to spend time with my family and not have to uproot them if I can, but life isn’t like a box of chocolates. I’m sure if I had to uproot my family even if it meant less pay, we are all mentally and functionally suited to deal with such stuff. If I’m a pro footballer, whether 21 or 33 of I’m fit, I wanna play. If it’s at NUFC for 50k a week or Luton on 10k a week. But that’s just me! Personal pride, personal satisfaction!

You sound like the naive one.

A contract is a 2-way relationship. It secures players financial security. That will be the #1 priority for 99% of players. If they have a contract bigger than what they can get elsewhere - they will stay and good on 'em. 

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It's incredibly ironic that you're calling me naive when all of these unwanted players are still here and we're struggling to shift them. Luton mustn't have got round to offering their 10k a week contracts yet. 

Most of the people in this thread are disagreeing with you, might be good to have some self awareness O0 

This has massively derailed the thread so will leave it there.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

You sound like the naive one.

A contract is a 2-way relationship. It secures players financial security. That will be the #1 priority for 99% of players. If they have a contract bigger than what they can get elsewhere - they will stay and good on 'em. 

Some players see their contracts out even if they don’t play. The majority don’t though if they are not wanted, they go out on loan or go on a free or get released. Those that do stay to pick up their wages are parasites IMO. 

1 minute ago, Willow said:

No transfer rumours then? Pages and pages of waffle to skip through [emoji38]

Carry on

It’s the new (ish)  thing. We ignore thread topic and talk/bicker/wax lyrical about all sorts of brain shit. Just warming up figures until Osimhen signs ?

Guest HTT II

It's incredibly ironic that you're calling me naive when all of these unwanted players are still here and we're struggling to shift them. Luton mustn't have got round to offering their 10k a week contracts yet. 

Most of the people in this thread are disagreeing with you, might be good to have some self awareness O0 

This has massively derailed the thread so will leave it there.

There is 2 months left of the transfer window, if most are still here come the end of the window, I’ll call them out as parasites and I’m fine with differing opinions, it’s all good, you’ve made lots of valid points and if I was that way inclined I’d say fuck the club, you gave me the contract, I want my money. But I’d rather play and I hope those not wanted by our club feel the same, and I do realise it’s not so simple and we may have to pay some or all of their wages or pay their contracts up in full. The real story is that we have a surplus of players who should never have been awarded new deals or got the contracts they did or should have been sold years ago. That’s down to one man only… I hope any who do leave get to go to a decent club and have a good end to their careers.

There is 2 months left of the transfer window, if most are still here come the end of the window, I’ll call them out as parasites and I’m fine with differing opinions, it’s all good, you’ve made lots of valid points and if I was that way inclined I’d say fuck the club, you gave me the contract, I want my money. But I’d rather play and I hope those not wanted by our club feel the same, and I do realise it’s not so simple and we may have to pay some or all of their wages or pay their contracts up in full. The real story is that we have a surplus of players who should never have been awarded new deals or got the contracts they did or should have been sold years ago. That’s down to one man only… I hope any who do leave get to go to a decent club and have a good end to their careers.

100%. Regardless of what happens this is a direct result of relying on Championship players for far too long.