More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

To be fair to him, he was magnificent that season.

This is a strange one. I can't see why we'd do it. Gerrard likes them more attacking than Targett is, but even so, strange.

We're bigger.

52 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

@KaKa Cyle Larin scored for Canada again today, why are we not bidding for him!!??? 

He wouldn’t be able to cut it in the Premier League in my opinion. Even David would probably need a year or so over here to start having a decent impact, and I think he’ll become good in time.

47 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah rough, he’s always been canny when I’ve seen him. I’m sure Sarr balled out against Liverpool and a few other teams though. 

For context: Watford absolutely murdered us in every area of the pitch that day.

14 minutes ago, brummie said:

This is a strange one. I can't see why we'd do it. Gerrard likes them more attacking than Targett is, but even so, strange.

Digne nailed on to pull a hamstring in the next match.

Just now, Matt said:

Digne nailed on to pull a hamstring in the next match.

Absolutely, this.

We're so unlucky with injuries. We had Grealish out for about six months with 'a bruised kidney'. That wasn't even a fucking injury before that.

I'm surprised Coutinho hasn't done his ACL yet.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

At this moment I disagree, though I'm pretty sure that will change by this time tomorrow

I get that, I still hope for more.....but NUFC buying Trippier and now Bruno is a great window...... Wood and Burn will do a job.....anything else is a bonus.,,,,,and I still think there will be more but wouldn't be too pissed if we didn't.

I'd personally rather have gone for a pacey striker. It felt like we went for clichés about PL Know How rather than buying a player who fits our team. In the past Howe has had Wilson, Solanke, Mousset, King, Defoe, Afobe off the top of my head, and none of those were based on being big and winning aerial duels. He's never looked to use a Wood type before and it feels like an awful fit. We need pace and movement, not "a focal point" 

1 minute ago, DMLeazesender said:

I get that, I still hope for more.....but NUFC buying Trippier and now Bruno is a great window...... Wood and Burn will do a job.....anything else is a bonus.,,,,,and I still think there will be more but wouldn't be too pissed if we didn't.

Got no problem with Bruno or Trippier (who would), but I think Wood is a shocking signing and I'm not too keen on Burn either based on the times I have seen him. I am far from convinced that we will stay up, if the current players we have remains as it is. 

4 minutes ago, woody said:

Out of curiosity, what more would you like to have seen?

See above, we need 2 or 3 more in my opinion and not squad players or players of a similar ilk, of what we have currently either. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Got no problem with Bruno or Trippier (who would), but I think Wood is a shocking signing and I'm not too keen on Burn either based on the times I have seen him. I am far from convinced that we will stay up, if the current players we have remains as it is. 

See above, we need 2 or 3 more in my opinion and not squad players or players of a similar ilk, of what we have currently either. 

I do see your point though. A high quality striker would really round it off well.

Edited by McDog

The Mirror (lol) seems to think we’ve gone in for a last-ditch attempt to get Botman. I don’t see it happening given that a) It’s the Mirror, b) it’s too late in the window for replacements, c) they’re playing Chelsea next. But sure, blow them out of the water with a huge bid for shits n giggles.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

I do see your point tbf. 

I do see your point though. A high quality striker would really round it off well.

I'm pretty sure by tomorrow I will be happy with what we have  brought in, and yes a striker of quality would be a massive step forward.

Edited by et tu brute