More transfer rumours

midds

I wouldn’t mind him like. It’s just that our attacking front needs massive investment too, along with a attacking midfielder or similar.

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

He is, but rapid and very skilful.

I would like players that have more end product and like real technical ability, that natural touch and flair. Instead of the pacey and raw dribbling skills. I’m not saying that Doku isn’t this as I’m not sure I have seen him enough to make a fair judgement. His stats look bad though. 

a good example would be like HBA compared to ASM. HBA natural technical ability is heads and above. Two different types. 

think this is going to be important when we push some teams back. Having that extra technical ability and creativity instead of raw dribbling skills and pace which is not going to help always 

Edited by Ikon

19 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Philips and swiping Coutinho off Villa would be dreamy; not hugely unrealistic either.

I'd be surprised if we go for the likes of Coutinho, I'm sure we'll be steadily increasing the amount we're paying people but someone like Coutinho I'm imagining will be on mental wages and goes against what Howe has said a few times. 

I think they will go big on all signings, minimal personnel changes (4-5) while maximising quality. Remember Mehrdad said in the Athletic interview earlier in the season the only limit on spending would be FFP.

Eddie doesn’t want to revolutionise the squad in order to carry the team spirit and ethos he’s built into next season. Good characters will be prioritised and they’ll spend whatever needs to be spent. Could easily see £200m. 4-5 world class signings in priority areas, our current starters in those positions drop to rotation/back up. The deadwood from the squad will be cut away. We will recruit at the very top end and everything else shifts down a level beneath them.

That’s the way I see them doing it anyway.

5 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

I'd be surprised if we go for the likes of Coutinho, I'm sure we'll be steadily increasing the amount we're paying people but someone like Coutinho I'm imagining will be on mental wages and goes against what Howe has said a few times. 

Started well at Villa but doesn't look interested again. Might be he's got something else lined up, but at 30, on £300k+ pw, i'd hope we'd get 3 players in for that who'll make more of a difference now, and in a few years.

4 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I think they will go big on all signings, minimal personnel changes (4-5) while maximising quality. Remember Mehrdad said in the Athletic interview earlier in the season the only limit on spending would be FFP.

Eddie doesn’t want to revolutionise the squad in order to carry the team spirit and ethos he’s built into next season. Good characters will be prioritised and they’ll spend whatever needs to be spent. Could easily see £200m. 4-5 world class signings in priority areas, our current starters in those positions drop to rotation/back up. The deadwood from the squad will be cut away. We will recruit at the very top end and everything else shifts down a level beneath them.

The problem isnt really transfer fees, its that we must progress carefully with wage structure. Forget about players that would be on anywhere over 120k a week.

Dont want coutinho, too hot and cold not going to press high, unless he's directly replacing ASM (he would on form be an upgrade) theres no point having both of them in the squad. I would want a fairly direct winger who can play central as well hard working, not unlike Bowen at west ham (though we wont get him(

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

Ideal world stuff. I think there are few decent free players (Kamara, Eriksen, Tarkowski, Grillitsch, Lingard, Belotti & Denayer) they'll go for as well. I'd expect a couple of them landing here. 

I see the fees for Abrahams (£50m) and Osimhen (£67m) have been set, along with Nunez (£67m) there are a few top strikers up for grabs. We're out of the running for Nunez, but Abrahams at £50m is the one i'd go for.

Not sure how you can say “forget players over 120k”.  It’s based on nothing but your own theory and thoughts to be honest. I don’t see us spending on 400k/week players no. 

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

The problem isnt really transfer fees, its that we must progress carefully with wage structure. Forget about players that would be on anywhere over 120k a week.

Think its the other way round. We've room and new deals (within reason that don't exist at all right now) will cover an increase. We have so many players on £50k or so who add nothing. We shift a few off the books and we open up even more room.

We'll be after £100-150kpw players, it's what you pay now for quality and that is what matters to us to move forward. 

14 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not sure how you can say “forget players over 120k”.  It’s based on nothing but your own theory and thoughts to be honest. I don’t see us spending on 400k/week players no. 

Howe has been very carefully creating a good feeling of unity around the dressing room since he came in, I cant remember a team feeling this united before. Number one way to fuck that up? Bring in new players on 200k a week.

The current core of our squad earn less than 70/80k pw, we might see a player or two brought in on around 120k pw but expect more than that and you're dreaming. 

Edited by Nine

8 minutes ago, Nine said:

Howe has been very carefully creating a good feeling of unity around the dressing room since he came in, I cant remember a team feeling this united before. Number one way to fuck that up? Bring in new players with big egos on 200k a week.

The current core of our squad earn less than 70/80k pw, we might see a player or two brought in on around 120k pw but expect more than that and you're dreaming. 

It's up to the current players to show they are worth the same. We have players on peanuts and some already on £100k+. You think Longstaff is going to demand Bruno's wages? We have loads of players not far off the money you are talking. Bruno, Wilson, Wood, ASM, Almiron, Trippier, Joelinton, Fraser & Shelvey (Jonjo may have took a paycut when he re-signed) are all on £70k+. You think they are going to get upset if we bring in a proven 30 goals a season striker or a 20+ winger and they get £120-150k and demand the same or they'll leave? I suppose it makes it easy to remove those who think they are better than they are. We're not under paying anyone in our squad, in fact most have been overpaid for years.

Players only get upset when you bring in someone equal to them and they get paid so much more. You're much more likely to upset players bringing in a Hendricks on £50kpw, simply getting it as he's on a free yet the players at the same level as him are on a third of that. That's when you disrupt the balance & harmony. Pay for quality, no one cares as the team moves forward, wins more games and the players all around improve, or allow a few greedy twats hold back the squad because they think they are better than they are. If so, Howe has got it wrong and its not the characters he believes he has.

Edited by Dokko

23 minutes ago, Nine said:

Bruno will perhaps be the benchmark. Young, well scouted & sold the vision of the club. 3 or 4 in that mould plus a bit more of a splurge on the striker. I agree they won’t blow the wage structure out of the water but I’d be surprised if Bruno is still the top earner by the start of the 22/23 season.

Edit. Botman is a perfect example. Currently on £15k a week.

Edited by BoSelecta

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's up to the current players to show they are worth the same. We have players on peanuts and some already on £100k+. You think Longstaff is going to demand Bruno's wages? We have loads of players not far off the money you are talking. Bruno, Wilson, Wood, ASM, Almiron, Trippier, Joelinton, Fraser & Shelvey (Jonjo may have took a paycut when he re-signed) are all on £70k+. You think they are going to get upset if we bring in a proven 30 goals a season striker or a 20+ winger and they get £120-150k and demand the same or they'll leave? I suppose it makes it easy to remove those who think they are better than they are. We're not under paying anyone in our squad, in fact most have been overpaid for years.

Just doesnt work like that lol, dressing rooms full of pro football players are a bit more complicated than that. Our wage structure will slowly progress upwards over a number of seasons, you dont just bring in players on 200k+ a week when your current core of players dont even earn half of that.. a few brought in on around 100k this summer then next summer moving upwards into the mid 100ks and so on. We are years out from being able to offer top players top wages and thats just the way it is, it will all progress as organically as it can with the amounts of money involved.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Just doesnt work like that lol, dressing rooms full of pro football players are a bit more complicated than that. Our wage structure will slowly progress upwards over a number of seasons, you dont just bring in players on 200k+ a week when your current core of players dont even earn half of that.. a few brought in on around 100k this summer then next summer moving upwards into the mid 100ks and so on. 

You're moving goalposts as you know you're wrong. You said:  Forget about players that would be on anywhere over 120k a week. Now its £200k+