More transfer rumours

midds

Get a look at this lad when they play West Ham this week. 

edit scratch that he’s suspended.

The Magpies are interested in French defender Evan Ndicka, 22, who plays for Eintracht Frankfurt. (Bild - in German, subscription required)

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Hoijberg would be a brilliant signing. £30m isn’t a huge outlay either I don’t think, Bissouma/Phillips would be £15-20m and I think he’s similar sort of level.

Bissouma would be quality but isn’t there court case ongoing?

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Hojbjerg is one of the most overrated players in the league. Wouldn't happen regardless.

You've seen the Rashford and Lingard links right?

Edited by cubaricho

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

He’s a steady player but I don’t see much in him which can’t be bought abroad for cheaper to be honest. 

Levy would no doubt rinse us as well. 

Is this a bit of a cliche based on Berbatov and Bale? I don't think he's this amazing negotiator that people give him credit for. Looking at their transfer history, since Bale went in 2013/14, the only player that stands out where they might have received an above average fee is Kyle Walker in 2017/18. 

Looking at arrivals, they have spent a lot of money on players who have had little impact which would indicate they have overpaid for a few players; poor scouting also plays a part too. 

3 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Is this a bit of a cliche based on Berbatov and Bale? I don't think he's this amazing negotiator that people give him credit for. Looking at their transfer history, since Bale went in 2013/14, the only player that stands out where they might have received an above average fee is Kyle Walker in 2017/18. 

Looking at arrivals, they have spent a lot of money on players who have had little impact which would indicate they have overpaid for a few players; poor scouting also plays a part too. 

Probably more of a ‘Levy gets what he wants or else the player doesn’t move’, like Kane, rather than ‘negotiating’ per se.

3 minutes ago, macphisto said:

No. Not really. It’s based upon him having no reason to sell and us being owned by one of the worlds largest SWF. 

EPL - EPL transfer involving the wealthy clubs usually lead to inflated fees. 

29 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No. Not really. It’s based upon him having no reason to sell and us being owned by one of the worlds largest SWF. 

EPL - EPL transfer involving the wealthy clubs usually lead to inflated fees. 

That basically applies to almost all selling clubs.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Average :lol: 

Aye, lacks mobility and slows the game down, there is a reason Spurs want rid of him, if it’s true that is. We could do better shopping abroad easily for half the money or the same.

Edited by HTT II

31 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Probably more of a ‘Levy gets what he wants or else the player doesn’t move’, like Kane, rather than ‘negotiating’ per se.

Honestly, I would say Ashley was just as tough a negotiator, certainly when it came to buying players. 

1 minute ago, macphisto said:

That basically applies to almost all selling clubs.

I don’t think it does. 

How much would Bruno have cost if he played for Arsenal? The fact we paid 25m for Chris Wood also illustrates my point. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Honestly, I would say Ashley was just as tough a negotiator, certainly when it came to buying players. 

MA: How much do you want? 

Selling club: 20m

MA: OK, here’s a quid!

Selling club:

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think it does. 

How much would Bruno have cost if he played for Arsenal? The fact we paid 25m for Chris Wood also illustrates my point. 

What point are you making? My original point was that Levy has an over inflated reputation for being a tough negotiator which is not backed up by a lot of evidence.

"having no reason to sell and us being owned by one of the worlds largest SWF"=Applies to most selling clubs, irrespective of the league. 

"EPL transfer involving the wealthy clubs usually lead to inflated fees."=Applies to all English clubs, irrespective of the league. Your example of Chris Wood backs up my point even more as they're not one of the wealthier clubs and still received a high transfer fee. 

Are you saying we should not buy from any English clubs?

Just now, macphisto said:

What point are you making? My original point was that Levy has an over inflated reputation for being a tough negotiator which is not backed up by a lot of evidence.

"having no reason to sell and us being owned by one of the worlds largest SWF"=Applies to most selling clubs, irrespective of the league. 

"EPL transfer involving the wealthy clubs usually lead to inflated fees."=Applies to all English clubs, irrespective of the league. Your example of Chris Wood backs up my point even more as they're not one of the wealthier clubs and still received a high transfer fee. 

Are you saying we should not buy from any English clubs?

Who cares about Levy’s reputation? It might be exaggerated but given he would have all the leverage I doubt we would get the player for 30m. 

And no, our strategy should be get the best players we possibly can regardless of where they are based. For my money, buying a DM who is good but no outstanding represents really bad value when we can get Kamara for free for example. 

I'm not sure what Hojbjerg's role would be within our side. He doesn't have the mobility or intelligence to be an effective DM. He frequently doesn't track runners, plus he gets sidestepped and turned so easily. He doesn't have the passing range or general ability to be playing further up the pitch. All in all, just a bit of a nothing player.

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Who cares about Levy’s reputation? It might be exaggerated but given he would have all the leverage I doubt we would get the player for 30m. 

And no, our strategy should be get the best players we possibly can regardless of where they are based. For my money, buying a DM who is good but no outstanding represents really bad value when we can get Kamara for free for example. 

Cheers and I agree about getting the best players possible, no matter what league they play in.

I suppose I care about Levy's reputation[emoji38] 

28 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Levy not wanting to sell, Ashley not wanting to buy…match made in heaven! ???

38 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Complete ambivalence is a strong negotiating position.

Newcastle United have made an offer to Juventus forward Paulo Dybala, according to Alfredo Pedulla.

The well-known and well-respected journalist has reported that Newcastle are keen on signing Dybala

on a free transfer in the summer of 2022 when his current contract at Juventus runs out.

Allow me to dream! no idea who Pedulla is, apparently a well respected journalist.

Let's see if he will accept 120k/week which we would never exceed..... :lol:  

We have been linked alot with him, but could also be to drum up the interest.