More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

In terms of sales - how much do people think we could recoup (Gayle, Clark et al) - about 30-40m?

Probably not much. The likes of Clark, Fernandez and Ritchie will probably just be allowed to leave for free. Maybe £15m combined for Lewis, Hayden and Manquillo if we value them at approx £5m each.

6 minutes ago, buzz said:

Probably not much. The likes of Clark, Fernandez and Ritchie will probably just be allowed to leave for free. Maybe £15m combined for Lewis, Hayden and Manquillo if we value them at approx £5m each.

Throw in Lascelles too. I'd be amazed if he is still here next season. At his age players don't go from club captain to 4th choice and stay at a club. Also can't see Murphy and Almiron both being at the club. One will definitely leave, wouldn't be surprised if both left.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Should aim to get £15m for Lascelles but we might keep him. We'll need a 4th choice CB and he could be class in the dressing room

Worse case you could get £10m each for Lascelles and Gayle - Gayle is a promotion chasing dream signing imo

Add about £5m for Lewis - £6m for Hayden 

Then £5m for the likes of Clark, Hendrick, Ritchie, Manquillo, FF

Gayle has been almost physically finished since those back to back hamstring injuries he suffered under Rafa, he did manage that one good season with West Brom after but those injuries + his age seemed to have taken their toll now. Considering hes on around 40k pw we'd be lucky to get any fee for him.

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Really? Have you got a link to that tweet/article - I'm sure I've seen something from him but it was nowhere near £800m and not without additional sponsorship deals.

My bad I was wrong

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Not sure tbh, haven't watched much football the past 2 year, I think Zapata is pretty much the perfect striker for what we need but he's over 30 and will cost loads. So anyone like that I suppose.

Been described as a mix between Zupata and Lukaku ... and we are said to be monitoring him.

Udinese's Beto. Having a really impressive first season at Udinese and has just turned 24 this year. 6 ft 4 powerhouse striker with pace.

beto-norberto-bercique-gomes-betuncal-of

Edited by KaKa

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Really? Have you got a link to that tweet/article - I'm sure I've seen something from him but it was nowhere near £800m and not without additional sponsorship deals.

Tifo did some analysis.

22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Having seen him play a couple of times, he looks very raw. His hold up play and general ball retention need some work.

Beto you mean? If so, I agree to some extent. But that is likely why we'd be able to get him somewhat easily at this stage, and so we'd have to determine if he can still be effective right now, while we then continue to develop him further. He has an incredible set of tools for the premier league and I think in the right situation, with a manager like ours, he could turn into a terror of a striker.

Selling Lascelles would be a mistake. He's not the most likeable person in the squad (from our point of view) but I think it's pretty clear that he's been instrumental in fostering a certain culture in the dressing room over the years. By all accounts he's still the leader and he'll be an important character to help transition into what we're going to become. Evolution not revolution!

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Speaking of players in that part of the world though, it sounds like Milan are talking to a foreign club about taking Leao of their hands.

To City by the sounds of it. 70m euros mentioned. 

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Tifo did some analysis.

Thanks, that's a really useful explanation.

Obviously the exact figures will depend on our commercial deals and, assuming ours will be announced before the transfer window opens, it'll give us a pretty good idea how much we really plan to spend.

2 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Is that all not now out the window with the proposed changes?

Well we can't absolutely take the piss but there is still a big gap between what we earn commercially (fuck all) and what would be considered fair market value (eg looking at other upper-mid-table teams)

I think it's time to get rid of the spine of the promotion team now.

Darlow, Lascelles, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle were all good players for the club a the time, but it's time to move forward.

To take the next step we have to let theese players leave and replace with new, hungry and better players.

3 hours ago, woody said:

Having a talented Canadian play for us would be heaven (sorry David Edgar).

I know @toontownman would be all over this.

We should be trying to sign Rutty. Liverpool and half of Europe want him.  Would be a fantastic understudy to Trippier. 

If we are going unrealistic I will just dream about Alphonso. He would be absolutely incredible.

35 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Darlow, Lascelles, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle were all good players for the club a the time, but it's time to move forward.

To take the next step we have to let theese players leave and replace with new, hungry and better players.

I'd keep Shelvey as he seems to have improved under Howe.  The rest though - time to move on.

55 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

It was time to get rid of that spine about 4 seasons ago in fairness