More transfer rumours

midds

The one thing about Rashford is that his contract is due to run out in 2023, I’m sure he’d still command a big fee but if Ten Hag doesn’t fancy him for whatever reason he’ll be getting touted out and no one’s going to pay £50m+ for him right now 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The one thing about Rashford is that his contract is due to run out in 2023, I’m sure he’d still command a big fee but if Ten Hag doesn’t fancy him for whatever reason he’ll be getting touted out and no one’s going to pay £50m+ for him right now 

There’s a one year option to extend, that his club has.

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Noises that Benfica want around £100m for Nunez :lol: Good luck with that. Obviously just trying to drum up the price. This is unrelated to us. Just general talk about him. 

Ridiculous money for a player that I’m not even sure has it for this league.

I'm know I'm repeating myself, but I expect Howe to take the safe option on a striker. It will be Toney IMO or Tammy Abraham if we could get the deal done.

We will take moderate risks in other areas but we won't be spending 50m+ on striker from abroad, who hasn't got PL experience.

It would be different if someone like Nunez was 40m, they might do that deal but the second we get fucked around on prices we will take safer options IMO.

I'd be very surprised to see us spend more than 50m on one player. 3×30m players I could see.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm know I'm repeating myself, but I expect Howe to take the safe option on a striker. It will be Toney IMO or Tammy Abraham if we could get the deal done.

We will take moderate risks in other areas but we won't be spending 50m+ on striker from abroad, who hasn't got PL experience.

It would be different if someone like Nunez was 40m, they might do that deal but the second we get fucked around on prices we will take safer options IMO.

I'd be very surprised to see us spend more than 50m on one player. 3×30m players I could see.

If we spent £40m on a midfielder from

abroad with zero PL experience, we will certainly spend 50+ on a striker with the same characteristics, if we identify the right person. It’s been reported multiple times about us bidding £50m for Nunez already, although who knows for sure. 

saying we won’t spend 50m on one player….I could see Abraham potentially more than that? 

16 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If we spent £40m on a midfielder from

abroad with zero PL experience, we will certainly spend 50+ on a striker with the same characteristics, if we identify the right person. It’s been reported multiple times about us bidding £50m for Nunez already, although who knows for sure. 

saying we won’t spend 50m on one player….I could see Abraham potentially more than that? 

That's why I said if we could get the deal done for Abraham. I reckon he might go for 45m and Toney more like 35m.

I highly doubt we ever put a bid of 50m for Nunez and there is already talk of us looking elsewhere, although we might be playing a game ourselves.

Hey look, I'd be pleasantly surprised and one things for sure, we won't be penny pinching. If we decide against a target, we will move quickly for the next one.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, STM said:

That's why I said if we could get the deal done for Abraham. I reckon he might go for 45m and Toney more like 35m.

I highly doubt we ever put a bid of 50m for Nunez and there is already talk of us looking elsewhere, although we might be playing a game ourselves.

Hey look, I'd be pleasantly surprised and one things for sure. We won't be penny pinching. If we decide against a target, we will move quickly for the next one.

I think we’re looking elsewhere from Nunez because he’s told us that he wants a CL team, not because we won’t pay a big price for him. Although with interest from

other teams now (Arsenal?), his price is bound to have increased. 

I'd take Rashford for the right price, can do a job on the left and st. Surely his drop in form and confidence has more to do with the shit show at man u. I suspect his price would be too much for someone that has a chance to never regain form but I think Howe and our fans could definitely get him back to his best.

6 minutes ago, HWTL said:

I'd take Rashford for the right price, can do a job on the left and st. Surely his drop in form and confidence has more to do with the shit show at man u. I suspect his price would be too much for someone that has a chance to never regain form but I think Howe and our fans could definitely get him back to his best.

I would be cautiously excited, deffo. 

7 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Very overrated imo

5 minutes ago, HWTL said:

I agree. If Howe can do what he's done for so many of our players, he can do the same for Rashford. Will all depend whether Ten Haag wants to keep him, plenty of rumours say he doesn't but until the summer we won't know for sure. 

Only issue I see with Rashford is he plays off the left, so he or ASM would need to change. But he would provide extra cover at striker if we needed.

All wishful thinking at any rate- haven’t seen anything about interest in Rashford from us in the media, and can’t see us paying the money required at the current time, even if he was for sale. I’m sure Howe would be undoubtedly interested though, if Rashford gave any signals about leaving. 

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I agree. If Howe can do what he's done for so many of our players, he can do the same for Rashford. Will all depend whether Ten Haag wants to keep him, plenty of rumours say he doesn't but until the summer we won't know for sure. 

Only issue I see with Rashford is he plays off the left, so he or ASM would need to change. But he would provide extra cover at striker if we needed.

Suppose it would all depend on the price as having more than one lw is a must and a definite improvement on the cover we have. I agree with most though and could probably find cheaper alternatives abroad as young English players are over priced especially if coming from man u. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Would take Rashford all day long. Can't have enough fantastic human beings at the club. Agree that Howe could rejuvenate him too. I'd have faith in Howe getting Ali Dia going tbh.

Ali Dia maybe. Milton Nunez? Nee chance. 

Toney is the obvious choice. Scoring for fun in an average side. Grafter and young  with experience at the top level  and he’s served his time in the lower leagues so he can handle a fucking kicking. In the right hands he could be a fucking machine. 

20 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Toney is the obvious choice. Scoring for fun in an average side. Grafter and young  with experience at the top level  and he’s served his time in the lower leagues so he can handle a fucking kicking. In the right hands he could be a fucking machine. 

I have in mind that he'll go to Spurs for some reason

While I agree Rashford is a top lad, that’s just an opinion on his personality. You have to separate the football side of things and the facts are that he’s been part of this absolute debacle at Man Utd, not even just been part of it.. he’s one of the more senior players in that dressing room. Like almost every player in that squad, he’s damaged goods right now.

We’re not going to get some great deal from Man Utd either and his wages will be massive compared to even our top earners right now.

I think we’ll push the boat out on maybe 3 or 4 serious upgrades this summer from France/Italy/Spain and make Targett permanent, but EH won’t upset the squad too much.

Midfield will stay similar enough next season with Longstaff leaving perhaps, I think maybe one player to come in who will help us keep possession more? If rumours are true we’ll sign a keeper.. I think Lascelles will make way for someone better at CB.

ASM is going to need to make changes to his game or his place in the side will be someone else’s and we’ll need someone better to come in on the right. If Wilson plays every game (unlikely.. but..) he’ll get 20+ goals