More transfer rumours

midds

30 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Need someone better than Miggy as much as like him 

I just think starting the season with that 11, will keep the momentum going  from last season and I wouldn't be worried. I do hope we'd have better in reserve and if those players are primed to take a first team place in the near future, all the better. 

I'm setting my sights low, but I'm sure they'll be surpassed.

6 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

J. David. 

ASM.                            Diaby.

Paqueta.

Big Joe.     Bruno.

Lodi.                              Trippier.

Botman.     Schar.

Hendo.

giddyup

Bit more like it, still a massive question mark on Max stepping up (would not be surprised if he's sold) and I would have a defensive midfielder added also.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I just think starting the season with that 11, will keep the momentum going  from last season and I wouldn't be worried. I do hope we'd have better in reserve and if those players are primed to take a first team place in the near future, all the better. 

I'm setting my sights low, but I'm sure they'll be surpassed.

Need to aim higher, I'm sure the owners (and Howe) will be looking for that also. PIF won't accept staying stactic (at best).

Just now, et tu brute said:

Bit more like it, still a massive question mark on Max stepping up (would not be surprised if he's sold) and I would have a defensive midfielder added also.

I wouldn't sell him but I'd be happy if we got both Targett and Lodi, with Lodi given the opportunity to challenge ASM as well as Targett.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm hoping to see similar discussions that surrounded Bruno delayed introduction. 12 consecutive wins from the start of season and Diaby can't oust 11 time MOTM Almiron from the first team would suit me fine.

Big difference is Bruno was only introduced gradually due to timing. Players coming in now will have a preseason to integrate.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Need to aim higher, I'm sure the owners (and Howe) will be looking for that also. PIF won't accept staying stactic (at best).

Got nowt to do with my aims. W should aim as high as possible and if any new signings aren't quite ready to start then there is no need to put them under extra pressure. It's a lot to ask a new signing to hit the deck running after one pre-season. With Cannibaga I don't think there'll be much of a issue.

I've been addicted to CIV 6 for the past month so everything is being perceived in that context. Cannibaga, would be like settling a new city, right in the middle of all your religious cities, his relationship to Bruno, and Bruno's relationship with the others. but all the other transfers are going to be like conquered cities. Need to spend a bit of time repairing the granaries and monuments., before they start to contribute to your growth.

21 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I don't disagree, just saying I'd be happy with that.

I imagine it would look like this in attack

Dubs

Schar    Burn       Targett

Bruno

Trippier Almiron Cannibaga Joelinton ASM

Wilson

When we're attacking like this it allows ASM and Trippier the freedom to take chances, as they have Almiron and Joelinton who can press any counter attack in the space that they leave behind. It might be risky but risky is exciting.

55 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Got nowt to do with my aims. W should aim as high as possible and if any new signings aren't quite ready to start then there is no need to put them under extra pressure. It's a lot to ask a new signing to hit the deck running after one pre-season. With Cannibaga I don't think there'll be much of a issue.

I've been addicted to CIV 6 for the past month so everything is being perceived in that context. Cannibaga, would be like settling a new city, right in the middle of all your religious cities, his relationship to Bruno, and Bruno's relationship with the others. but all the other transfers are going to be like conquered cities. Need to spend a bit of time repairing the granaries and monuments., before they start to contribute to your growth.

Sorry totally disagree that team you selected will not take us to the next level. I think the owners take the same view as me as we will see.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Mate who the fuck is Cannibaga

On the basis that google only gave me two hits, from this forum, on posts by stan, I'd guess that he is on a covert op troll operation :lol: 

10/10 for coming up with a name that sounds like a fantastic footballer though.

58 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Sorry totally disagree that team you selected will not take us to the next level. I think the owners take the same view as me as we will see.

You could disagree if that was what I said. That team gives us the best chance of starting where we left off. With better prospects coming through when they are ready.

5 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

J. David. 

ASM.                            Diaby.

Paqueta.

Big Joe.     Bruno.

Lodi.                              Trippier.

Botman.     Schar.

Hendo.

giddyup

yeah, right. [emoji38]

I’ll sell all my possessions, divorce my wife, and move to Newcastle if that happens.

I’d love us to sign Paqueta and get the feeling there’s a decent chance but if we don’t have the extra cash to outlay 50 odd million on him I’d rather it was used on a striker, right wing, CB and left back. The midfield can obviously be improved but there’s more pressing concerns elsewhere. If we somehow manage to bring in Paqueta, a striker, RW then our attack could be outrageous next season.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

:serious:

Yes exactly this. What’s the combined cost of say a new LB, striker, RW and say Botman and possibly a new keeper? Way, way over 100m. I just don’t see them shelling out another 50-60m on top of that if all the reports from local journos are right and considering FFP. They’re not going to spend more than 150m this summer or I’d be very surprised. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

8 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yes exactly this. What’s the combined cost of say a new LB, striker, RW and say Botman and possibly a new keeper? Way, way over 100m. I just don’t see them shelling out another 50-60m on top of that if all the reports from local journos are right and considering FFP. They’re not going to spend more than 150m this summer or I’d be very surprised. 

Reports from the Journos are wrong. 

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Reports from the Journos are wrong. 

It’s great if they are wrong but Craig Hope, George Caulkin and Mark Douglas who I sat and listened to at a talk in earlier this week are rarely that wrong given their contacts ?

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

If they can get who they have in their shopping trolley it wouldn’t surprise me if they spent up to £200 million, that’s factoring in FFP. Not saying they will, but if they are serious about Nunez @ £100 million and targeting 5-6 Bruno types, it’s going to top the January spending and some.