More transfer rumours

midds

Almiron is the form player right now so Howe needs to make a call on whether this can translate into PL performances.

if he does think that then got to go all out on a striker.

Even if Miggy is on form we need a winger. Someone that is better than Fraser and especially Murphy. We need options. You know form, inconsistency, injuries, suspensions, tactical reasons and so on.

Let's not use Miggy as an excuse to not do what is absolutely necessary in this window. Winger/wide forward and backup for Wilson and i still insist on a CM of some kind. The don't all have to be 

extravagant signings, it can also be loans or whatever. But essential imo. People talk about two but i think that's faalling short. We can't sign too many players i know, but idealy i'd like even two CM.

one however is a must if we wish to have the chance of a very good season over 38 games or so. Good squad players but i think the likes of Longstaff, Shelvey and Willock are overrated on here.

All of them have good attributes but none of them are complete or quite good enough players to be starting too many games. Good enough against lesser sides aye.

No matter what happens im very much looking forward to the new season, don't get me wrong. I just think it could be massive if we do all we can and have a great season to give us a very very good platform 

to kick on from, never mind making others take notice and this will help us massively in attracting new players going forward. Im sure we will get the players needed tbh, it's just that i can't stop gagging about

another CM which i see as essential, even if not quite as important as a backup to Wilson and a wide player. Getting 3 more players isn't too much imo, especially since one of our signings so far has been one

that was here on loan last season. Plus one a keeper and a CB. Good signings.

Edited by Ikon

I wouldn't say any of those are overrated like. Shelvey gets shit on a lot. Willock doesn't quite look a midfielder yet I think most agree, and people are just happy Longstaff is starting to look back to his old self.

Longstaff and Shelver especially look like solid Premiership payers but it would be nice to bring in someone a level above, like Bruno.

Howe can clearly work magic with players and get them producing beyond the sum of their parts. Referring to the RW here, I think Howe can get a reasonable tune from the likes of Miggy and Fraser based on what we've seen.

The gaping hole, of course, is up front, where we're a Wilson muscle strain away from having one of the most inept forwards we've seen in recent times leading the line.

A centre forward is an absolute must imo. 

Howe can clearly work magic with some players and get them to perform better, i agree 100%. Then imagine what he could actually do and achieve with with 3 good ,even better players coming in...

Edited by Ikon

He basically had Wilson and Fraser like Kane and Son a few year ago :lol:

Wilson 14 goals and 9 assists

Fraser 14 assists and 7 goals

I really want us to sign another 2 starters, but i'd still be exited to see how we do with this squad. I do think we've struck gold with Howe.

I'd be surprised, or even amazed if Fraser has that kind of season again, or even near. I don't think it's possible for him, physically. Not that you said it, i'm just saying.

Guest HTT II

He was too isolated far too much last night, I noticed in the second half, Wood wasn’t as isolated as much and with Murphy and Willock on we got lots of bodies forward in support. Just a shame Wood is bang average! We desperately need another CF.

Guest HTT II

Paqueta in our team last night and we win, a player like him would help massively with our midfield and attacking issues which are intertwined. If we signed him alone only, I’d be extremely happy!

17 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I'd be surprised, or even amazed if Fraser has that kind of season again, or even near. I don't think it's possible for him, physically. Not that you said it, i'm just saying.

Aye I'm more thinking Almiron tbh, going off this pre-season, but I do think Fraser can contribute a lot next season.

I doubt either will hit 21 goal contributions like.

24 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Wilson will be sharp when it actually starts getting serious i think. Think he is holding back now even.

Be interesting to know where is fitness is, he’s been training on his own at times throughout pre season.

There are obviously gaps all over the squad, so I'm not saying this is a priority, but I wouldn't mind some of these left sided midfielders we've been linked with, especially if they can be versatile and play on the other side too.

We talk about Wilson being injured so striker is a priority position (agreed), but St Max has a few spells out too. Nowhere near as long, but on the other hand, in addition to that he has little patches of poor form too, or playing when carrying knocks.

On the right, Trippier is arguably better going forward than in defence, and can pose a threat from the right to partly make up for weaknesses there.

But on the left, Targett is primarily a defensive LB, so without St Max you'd wonder where the threat comes from on that side. Cover on the left is maybe a luxury we can't afford yet, I'm just saying there is a risk with an over-reliance on Maxi.

Especially if he tries to reverse park and scratches Eddie's car.

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Anything less than 2 out of a RW, ST & CM would be a failure imo.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

i agree :thup:

I feel the same way tbh. And before anyone gets started that’s not a critique of everything else the owners have done which has been spot on. But I really feel that in order to keep the momentum of positivity from last season a couple of attacking additions would be really helpful. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Let's hope for something today. I don't expect much, just enough to wet my beak.

Get the feeling you may be disappointed. Not saying things aren't happening, more that it's a much tighter ship now. Don't think we will hear about the next deal till it's almost done and the player is on their way up for a medical. 

49 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be interesting to know where is fitness is, he’s been training on his own at times throughout pre season.

Same, I feel if Wilson gives it 100% he risks an injury, as we've seen the last couple of seasons. In a preseason friendly, it's just not worth the risk for him to go all out in such games.