More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

I am just surprised we spent so much effort chasing Ekiteke over two windows, then when it fell through, we don't appear to have any solid alternatives.

It might not necessarily be a lack of alternatives. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It might not necessarily be a lack of alternatives. 

Well Howe has suggested we can use Joelinton or ASM as alternatives if push comes to shove, so that would suggest a slight lack.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well Howe has suggested we can use Joelinton or ASM as alternatives if push comes to shove, so that would suggest a slight lack.

I didn't read his comments like that, but then Eddie Howe's patience and getting the right deal is Luke Edward's frustration and stalling, so who knows.

Guest reefatoon
20 minutes ago, TRon said:

I am just surprised we spent so much effort chasing Ekiteke over two windows, then when it fell through, we don't appear to have any solid alternatives.

I am sure we do, we haven’t given up. Things are being done properly with no leaking info, that’s all. They will be working on targets non stop, it’s just proving difficult with clubs upping their prices. We will bring people in, they are just making sure it’s the right player. I’m really surprised at how many people are getting despondent or losing hope. It’s all good man, the manager and team look like they are sky high with morale and confidence, I think some of our fans need to take heed.

Edited by reefatoon

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I am sure we do, we haven’t given up. Things are being done properly with no leaking info, that’s all. They will be working on targets non stop, it’s just proving difficult with clubs upping their prices. We will bring people in, they are just making sure it’s the right player. I’m really surprised at how many people are getting despondent or losing hope. It’s all good man, the manager and team look like they are sky high with morale and confidence, I think some of our fans need to take heed.

We’ll said Reefa

Ekitike is clearly a ridiculous prospect like, we may have been chasing him regardless of our striker situation (although the fact we needed one will have pushed us to offer as much as we did).

Howe has basically said we're just going to look for loans if we need to. He knows gaps will need to be filled.

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

Aaron Ramsey has just had his contract mutually terminated. He’d still do a job for us.

I didn't make it for Rangers last season, so not 100% sure of that to be honest.

27 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Ekitike is clearly a ridiculous prospect like, we may have been chasing him regardless of our striker situation (although the fact we needed one will have pushed us to offer as much as we did).

Howe has basically said we're just going to look for loans if we need to. He knows gaps will need to be filled.

I’ve been more excited with Sesko than I ever was about Ekitike, can’t see the hype around him to be honest and I was of that thought even when it looked odds on he was coming here. 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Less than 2 weeks to go now before the forest game, I can’t wait now regardless of if we manage to get anymore in 

Put them to the sword hopefully, similar to us against Aston Villa in 10/11 in our first home game when we beat them 6-0. Hope we give some teams an absolute drubbing this season 

22 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Aaron Ramsey has just had his contract mutually terminated. He’d still do a job for us.

Fucking no chance. He was shite in the SPL when he didn't have a 'knock'

31 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

He did virtually nothing for rangers. 

Anderson looks to be playing in the midfield 3. If that’s where Howe sees him that gives us 6 midfielders. Can’t see any chance of another coming in this season. 

let’s get the winger & striker wrapped up 

47 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Yep, not going to blame the club at all for chasing Ekiteke, I liked him right from the off. Would have been a landmark addition.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

I wouldn't call it despondent to judge the team as it is. Currently this is the squad we've got, we can only judge what's in front of us. I would still think we will bring in at least one forward if I was putting money on it, but I'm also preparing myself for the prospect of going into the season with our current attacking options. It might be that we don't get a deal that we like.

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

Anderson looks to be playing in the midfield 3. If that’s where Howe sees him that gives us 6 midfielders. Can’t see any chance of another coming in this season. 

Anderson, bruno and big joe… quite a creative set there! Like it!

if miggy keeps the form up we could see something close to our first team tonight

Guest reefatoon
Just now, TRon said:

I wouldn't call it despondent to judge the team as it is. Currently this is the squad we've got, we can only judge what's in front of us. I would still think we will bring in at least one forward if I was putting money on it, but I'm also preparing myself for the prospect of going into the season with our current attacking options. It might be that we don't get a deal that we like.

Which we will cope with if we don’t. We didn’t do too bad the second half of last season. 

I quoted you but I wasn’t aiming it at you. I’m just surprised at some folks despondency and impatience. 

It’s going to be a fucking great season signings or not.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:
1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Because deals we wanted were available for them. Much harder to get the same kinds of quality deals in the forward areas.

You can’t be serious - have you ever played football manager because a lot of the posters on here have and know how easy it is, we’re just not trying.

Aston Villa didn’t seem to have such difficulty signing Carlos, PSG and Ekitike.

This football manager line is tiresome. We’re not saying it’s easy to complete deals but other teams seem to be able to make comparable deals much easier than we can - there is obviously something astray.

Whether clubs/players/agents are taking the piss or we’re being stubborn with the structuring of our deals, who knows.

But we seem to be taking ages to do anything, again. It’s pretty crap not to have a striker in at this point given how obviously needed it is. It’s been needed since they came in October, surely we’ve been working on deals since then.

We can’t rely on Wilson to stay fit and Wood has already proven to be completely useless.

Some of the deals have been outstanding value; Trippier, Pope, Targett and they’ve done incredibly well on them, but we need to make moves sometimes on key positions/players out of the norm, imo. A quality striker is exactly that.

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

Literally gamechanging this mind. (Fucking hate that term).

I had him pegged as playing in one of the wide roles but if he can nail down that third midfield slot, we can still go for a winger.