Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

All we have to hope for is in Eddie Howe being offered names by those who identify potentials and Eddie saying " yes I can work with him" and " I'd be delighted to have him onboard of you could clinch the deal."

If one of those appears to be a player some of us think may be iffy then it has to simply come down to trusting in a manager who's done absolutely nothing for us to think against that trust.

It's good to speculate though.

10 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Because if we don't other than Pope we'd have Dubravka, (maybe) Karius and Darlow (or is Darlow's contract up? Not sure). One is okay but wanted away, another doesnt play, and the other is surplus to requirements out on loan.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't sign a young keeper, personally. 

Dubravka is probably one of the best second choices in the league and Karius one of the best third choices. I really don’t see an issue. 

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we really liked Ekitike a year ago and think there's still something there I'd not be against it. Would prefer Joao Pedro though.

Eddie was genuinely keen on him, pretty sure he said as much. Whether we still want him after being given the run around for two windows is doubtful though. Think we've moved on, but wouldn't be surprised if he still goes on to be a great signing for someone.

12 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

If he’s not happy sat on the bench behind Mbappe, Neymar and Messi, I somehow don’t think he’d fit in here.

Much rather go for Joao Pedro.

He'll not get much time here as Howe rarely rotates. He'll be for the bench, which is where he's at already. I doubt he'd have the patience to try and break in. It's a huge no for me.

Still not even sure what Hugo's real position is, but, I'm all for this transfer if he's going to buy into the team culture and way we play. 

I'd far prefer Thuram as a free transfer, wide forward but in reality - pay the full fee to get Diaby or of his ilk imo. 

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be interesting if we go back for sure. I could see his alleged attitude problems and the fact we now have Isak making it unlikely though. 

Originally the idea was to find a young back up to Wilson that could grow into a first team role i.e. Ekitike or Pedro.

Isak was brought in as a ready to go striker because Wilson got injured early on and we realised we couldn't rely on him.

This summer we will go again for that younger striker rotational player option that can also get games in other positions, because Wilson continues to be unreliable fitness wise and we are going to have even more games to play next season.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

He'll not get much time here as Howe rarely rotates. He'll be for the bench, which is where he's at already. I doubt he'd have the patience to try and break in. It's a huge no for me.

This is not true. He'll get plenty more game time both coming off the bench and occasionally starting as Wilson always gets injured and with the amount of games we'll be playing Isak will need to be rotated. Ekitike can also play out wide too and so can cover there as well at times.

I don't think people realise how badly PSG managed him this past season. A good amount of times I watched them in games they were winning comfortably in Ligue 1 and he never came on. This is what caused him to get frustrated in the first place. PSG were not innocent in the whole mess of a situation at all. 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is not true. He'll get plenty more game time both coming off the bench and occasionally starting as Wilson always gets injured and with the amount of games we'll be playing Isak will need to be rotated. Ekitike can also play out wide too and so can cover there as well at times.

I don't think people realise how badly PSG managed him this past season. A good amount of times I watched them in games they were winning comfortably in Ligue 1 and he never came on. This is what caused him to get frustrated in the first place. PSG were not innocent in the whole mess of a situation at all. 

Well it is true. He'd be 3rd choice in any position here, which is where he's at now. Unless he's had a rude awakening or a complete personality transplant, then this one isn't worth the trouble. Much rather have JP here, better all round player, and much better attitude.

I'd still take him - just has the feel of every other players who's left PSG only to turn out class elsewhere. 

Furthermore, anyone Luis Campos has cast his eye on deserves a second look

Edited by Thumbheed

15 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Well it is true. He'd be 3rd choice in any position here, which is where he's at now. Unless he's had a rude awakening or a complete personality transplant, then this one isn't worth the trouble. Much rather have JP here, better all round player, and much better attitude.

Yeah, I guess the club will be making the final call on it. Howe really liked him though and a lot of leg work went into trying to do a deal. The rumour is PSG are looking to loan him out initially too with an option then to purchase as it works out better for them FFP wise that way. That would also suit us massively form an FFP point of view too.

I don't think he handled things that well last season, but he certainly had some reason to be dissatisfied with his opportunities, especially when PSG are so dominant in that league and could have easily put him on more regularly when they were easily winning games, but it didn't really happen.

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I'd still take him - just has the feel of every other players who's left PSG only to turn out class elsewhere. 

Furthermore, anyone Luis Campos has cast his eye on deserves a second look

Yeah, think I agree really. I'd be happy with either him or Pedro.

Watford might be a pain in the backside again over Pedro's fee and so it will be good to have another option, especially as it seems he'll be available on loan initially.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I guess the club will be making the final call on it. Howe really liked him though and a lot of leg work went into trying to do a deal. the rumour is PSG are looking to loan him out initially too with an option then to purchase as it works out better for them FFP wise that way. That would also suit us massively form an FFP point of view too.

I don't think he handled things that well last season, but he certainly had some reason to be dissatisfied with his opportunities, especially when PSG are so dominant in that league and could have easily put him on more regularly when they were easily winning games, but it didn't really happen.

A loan to see what he's about isn't such a bad place to be. Would he want to come? Would he see it as a step down and need to swallow some pride? Would we deal with his agent again? Lots of questions on this lad and his situation, then he has to settle in a new Country, a cold region, away from the dazzle of Paris. JP on the other hand, already settled in the Country, is ready to step up, hasn't spat his dummy with Watford keeping him in the Championship and if Watford miss out on promotion, then its 100% certain he'll leave and on his terms after staying this season.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

A loan to see what he's about isn't such a bad place to be. Would he want to come? Would he see it as a step down and need to swallow some pride? Would we deal with his agent again? Lots of questions on this lad and his situation, then he has to settle in a new Country, a cold region, away from the dazzle of Paris. JP on the other hand, already settled in the Country, is ready to step up, hasn't spat his dummy with Watford keeping him in the Championship and if Watford miss out on promotion, then its 100% certain he'll leave and on his terms after staying this season.

Guess we'll find out! Two real talents though, so would be happy either way.