Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I think Wilson will start the first game up top. He’d want away to start elsewhere with all his talk of getting into the England team for the WC. He wouldn’t be moving his family up here if he’d been told we’re in for a first choice ahead of him.

On 02/06/2022 at 15:52, Hanshithispantz said:

So was Wood tbf.

Wood’s always given 100%,something no one could say about Joelinton.None of us are hoping there will be a place for Wood in the team next season but if we have to call on one of them,I’d rather have Wood winning more headers than opposition centre halves and doing nothing else playing as a central striker that Joelinton showing no interest in winning headers and not putting a shift in.

Edited by tomlynnherrington

9 hours ago, Holmesy said:

I’m sure he’d do a job in the championship and there will be plenty of clubs looking for a striker. Even if we can’t sell him, send him out on loan and maybe he’ll do well enough that we can sell him next year.

It can’t be doing his confidence any good playing like he has been for the past few months and I can’t see him improving. 

I agree.

• 1 month later...
On 04/06/2022 at 16:08, tomlynnherrington said:

Wood’s always given 100%,something no one could say about Joelinton.None of us are hoping there will be a place for Wood in the team next season but if we have to call on one of them,I’d rather have Wood winning more headers than opposition centre halves and doing nothing else playing as a central striker that Joelinton showing no interest in winning headers and not putting a shift in.

He doesn’t even win that many headers in reality.

There is absolutely no point in trying to play any style of football with him up-top, just like last season the amount of good balls into the box that just pass in front of him because he is not moving right or trying to get to them is really silly, even the most basic league one/league two striker will manage  to get to one or two of them.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

There is absolutely no point in trying to play any style of football with him up-top, just like last season the amount of good balls into the box that just pass in front of him because he is not moving right or trying to get to them is really silly, even the most basic league one/league two striker will manage  to get to one or two of them.

Pointed out by ASM.

Critics for allegedly not releasing the ball to the strikers, no wonder, we had Wood from new year to the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

£25m FFS.

Is there an worse price spent for an shitty player in history?

we would have stayed in the league with alot other shit under that price or nothing at all. 

On 04/06/2022 at 16:08, tomlynnherrington said:

Mate, is everything OK? Blink twice to let us know if you posted that under duress. :lol:

Just now, Numbers said:

No way we are improving on last year if we go into the season even considering playing this bloke.

He looks like hes playing in fucking treacle.

Couldn't have said it better mate. Looks like he's playing on a hangover every time.

Guest HTT II

I think he was a big factor in us staying up last season and I don’t want to go in hard on him, but he needs to be 3rd or 4th choice this season, he was so out of his depth and looked way off in terms of fitness and general link up play.