Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I thought he was poor when he come on against City mind, he won a header at one point which he directed to nowhere really which no-one from our team or theirs picked up so he tried getting to it, but was painfully slow and failed to get to it.

There has been quite an evolution in how we are playing this season, its really not set up for a Wood type at all. Not his fault, he served a purpose and did a decent enough job last season

Guest HTT II
Just now, relámpago blanco said:

He did last season. 3rd most points in the league with him as the main man.

He will be of use when we have our backs to the wall or need some presence up front, but only off the bench. We are looking to and are seemingly playing a far more expansive game now which makes his kind of own game a bit redundant in said system/style of play.

Think he's better with the ball to feet than his head. Remember a couple of decent passes last season, at least one of which set up a goal.

Anyway, he should be decent enough in the midweek cup game  - wouldn't have risked Wilson there anyway.

Then possibly starting away at Wolves, for Pedro to hopefully make a cameo on 60/70 minutes.

All under the assumption that Wilson's scan does come back to say, as per our worst fears, that both hamstrings are wrecked, all his leg muscles have become detached from the bones, he's broken a shoulder, caught tonsillitis and developed tennis elbow.

39 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Is it remotely possible that Howe can work some kind of magic with Chris?

I'm sure there must be some talent in there somewhere. He seems at his best defending our penalty area.

Use him to funnel players into Joelinton's path.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I remember this one well, he headed it forward when it was clear as day there was nobody there, had to just laugh [emoji38]

Edit, no I'm talking about another useless header actually, there's so much choice [emoji38]

I guess it is better to head it forward then back to the feet of a City midfielder. Definitely expect more from someone as experienced as him from that situation. 

We need to not treat him like a target man. He's a poacher. He needs someone to do the donkey work for him. He's not a good fit at all. His general play is below average, and he can't act as a focal point. 

Edited by La Parka

38 minutes ago, TRon said:

I wonder what we'd get if we put him up for sale? I'm thinking maybe £12m at a push? I honestly don't think anyone would pay that either tbh.

Difficult to say, but I think there would be quite a few championship teams that would be interested around that price range. The main sticking point is his wages. He's one of our highest earners, and he would not get even remotely close to that at any championship team so from a financial pov he'd be best off sitting out his contract here and move down to a championship club when his contact has expired. The alternative is to knock off his price/give him away to offset the wages he would demand if we just want him off our books. Doubt Howe would be keen on that though.

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

Think he's better with the ball to feet than his head. Remember a couple of decent passes last season, at least one of which set up a goal.

that's how i'd be trying to play with wood tbh, try and get low balls into his feet or at least midriff to control, protest and try to bring people into play...get players running off him into space

trying to get him to play the channels like wilson would be daft

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Difficult to say, but I think there would be quite a few championship teams that would be interested around that price range. The main sticking point is his wages. He's one of our highest earners, and he would not get even remotely close to that at any championship team so from a financial pov he'd be best off sitting out his contract here and move down to a championship club when his contact has expired. The alternative is to knock off his price/give him away to offset the wages he would demand if we just want him off our books. Doubt Howe would be keen on that though.

Yeah so realistically we aren't getting even £12m unless a PL side comes in for him, which is unlikely considering he scored 5 goals last season, and other than goals, he doesn't really offer much else. One of those where I guess you just keep him on the books and wheel him out for cup games until his contract runs down.

4 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Bit harsh.

I mean, I'm not even a Chris Wood hater I thought he was really important for us last season and I don't think we stay up without him (ASM at CF was horrific).

But in this game... They didn't even say his name for the first thirty minutes. He missed his only other chance and just kind of looked miserable. I dunno, I hope he kicks on from here because the goal he did score was a nice one.