Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I personally think he's pretty weak for a guy of his size, similar to how Joselu was, and that the aerial duel stat covers up some really bad general play.

More and more convinced CAA Base just told us his release clause after we signed Trippier and we just hit the panic button after Cambridge. 

Edited by xLiaaamx

51 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I personally think he's pretty weak for a guy of his size, similar to how Joselu was, and that the aerial duel stat covers up some really bad general play.

More and more convinced CAA Base just told us his release clause after we signed Trippier and we just hit the panic button after Cambridge. 

Probably, and should we stay up buying him will be absolutely worth it. 

6 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

Can't help but feel Burnley got the far better striker that we should have gone for instead

I was thinking the same thing before I found out Weghorst was unvaccinated. I'm not sure what our club policy is on this, but might have been the reason we weren't interested.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I was thinking the same thing before I found out Weghorst was unvaccinated. I'm not sure what our club policy is on this, but might have been the reason we weren't interested.

All that should matter is goals and performances. 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You would rather sign a player based on his vaccine status than his performances?

I don't think Weghorst was ever looked at like.

Straw man argument.

But I personally wouldn't hire someone who wouldn't vaccinate, assuming their status is down to refusal to do so - because the well-being of everyone else in the organisation is a massive consideration and I'm not sure I'd employ someone who doesn't care about that. Character is important. 

If performance and goals were the only priorities when it comes to hiring we'd end up with a bunch of shitehawks. Again. 

Just my opinion but I'm bemused, a tad, why some people are on such a downer for him. It's clear what went on with his signing. Call it a panic buy if you want but, with Wilson out, all we had was Gayle. 

They went out and bought a striker that, if they paid the release fee, the purchase of couldn't be blocked. Simple as. With him "in the bank" so to speak they spent the rest of the window trying to upgrade. Knowing full well, given all the obstacles, that buying a top striker would be difficult. It proved so.

Fair play to them. Fair play to him because he's honest and realistic. 

Even read on here someone saying we're unbeaten "in spite of Wood" :doh:

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Straw man argument.

But I personally wouldn't hire someone who wouldn't vaccinate, assuming their status is down to refusal to do so - because the well-being of everyone else in the organisation is a massive consideration and I'm not sure I'd employ someone who doesn't care about that. Character is important. 

If performance and goals were the only priorities when it comes to hiring we'd end up with a bunch of shitehawks. Again. 

As much as I can see your point, what happened to freedom of choice in what you chose to put into your body? Especially from professional athletes. Seems a very draconian outlook from some people on the vaccine. Dark route to go down.

I'm triple vaxxed btw.

1 minute ago, Tyne81 said:

As much as I can see your point, what happened to freedom of choice in what you chose to put into your body? Especially from professional athletes. Seems a very draconian outlook from some people on the vaccine. Dark route to go down.

I'm triple vaxxed btw.

He has freedom of choice. So do the decision makers at any club who can decide that someone who is refusing the vaccine may be risking the health of teammates and may have a bit of a character flaw.

3 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

I'm triple vaxxed btw.

Totally free not to vaccinate. But then you don't get to swan about mixing with others. What about the freedom of others not to be infected by some muppet crying 'my personal freedoms' etc.

Anyway. Massive derailment so will leave it there.

3 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

I'm triple vaxxed btw.

These people are in a cult, where vaccine status (and mandates) have given them one more thing to feel morally superior about over others. And they don’t care, never have, about basic freedoms which were codified in the Nuremberg Laws (freedom to not have anything put into your body via force or coercion). 

I’m fully vaxxed as well. 

And I find it amusing how these people love to bring up politics and vaccine mandates in non-political and non-covid related conversations. 

Not being able to be employed without being injected is the very definition of coercion. In no other walk of life is it legal to discriminate against anyone from being hired based on their medical status. An employer shouldn’t even be asking your fucking vaccination status. 

Just now, elbee909 said:

Cult, no. Morally superior, no. Not caring about basic freedoms: no. Brought up vax in thread, no.

Otherwise fair enough.

Fair enough. There’s enough rhetoric turned up to 11 about all this. 

We can agree to disagree :thup: 

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

Not being able to be employed without being injected is the very definition of coercion. In no other walk of life is it legal to discriminate against anyone from being hired based on their medical status. An employer shouldn’t even be asking your fucking vaccination status. 

Front line NHS staff have HAD to be vaccinated against a number of diseases for decades. Your chatting shit mate. It's a personal choice. Don't have it by all means but don't bleat on when employers, exercising their very own freedom, don't want you.

Freedom of speech, like freedom of choice has consequences. 

Just now, elbee909 said:

I think the clincher was Wood's familiarity with the league anyway. 

and he's fully vaccinated, yaaaaaay [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

These people are in a cult, where vaccine status (and mandates) have given them one more thing to feel morally superior about over others. And they don’t care, never have, about basic freedoms which were codified in the Nuremberg Laws (freedom to not have anything put into your body via force or coercion). 

I’m fully vaxxed as well. 

And I find it amusing how these people love to bring up politics and vaccine mandates in non-political and non-covid related conversations. 

Seen a few videos of complete fucking knackers reading out this kind of shit, and even more about the Pope, to frontline hospital staff who've been busting their balls trying to save lives. 

Loons

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Still think he'll start bagging goals anyway tbh. Nothing's really changed for me. Definitely need to create more for him though.

The service to him on Saturday was particularly bad. The amount of floaty, mis-hit crosses was frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Front line NHS staff have HAD to be vaccinated against a number of diseases for decades. Your chatting shit mate. It's a personal choice. Don't have it by all means but don't bleat on when employers, exercising their very own freedom, don't want you.

Freedom of speech, like freedom of choice has consequences. 

and he's fully vaccinated, yaaaaaay [emoji38]

I should’ve added the caveat there are a handful of professions where age old (not new, thoroughly tested) vaccines are required for employment — wife is a nurse, who is not only fully covid vaxxed but was always up to date on her other vaccinations as well. You have absolutely no idea how many nurses and doctors do not want the covid vaccine, and disagree with the mandates. None. But please, carry on thinking your view is the only one accepted, and that government mandates are the way to go. 

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

I should’ve added the caveat there are a handful of professions where age old (not new, thoroughly tested) vaccines are required for employment — wife is a nurse, who is not only fully covid vaxxed but was always up to date on her other vaccinations as well. You have absolutely no idea how many nurses and doctors do not want the covid vaccine, and disagree with the mandates. None. But please, carry on thinking your view is the only one accepted, and that government mandates are the way to go. 

Oh for a caveat.

My wife's a nurse as well and I'm well aware of the numbers, thanks anyway.