Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Giver over man, he’s moved from a team where the whole focus was around him with balls in. It’s not like he’s missed a hatful of chances . Sure he’s low on confidence but he’s working his bollocks off and providing a focal point. He’ll get a goal or two eventually. 

I agree with this, my only criticism is that he sticks to close to the centre half and he could look to just get that extra yard of space.

Just now, Ben said:

I agree with this, my only criticism is that he sticks to close to the centre half and he could look to just get that extra yard of space.

Probably true but I think the lad just needs a goal for confidence. He’s still getting used to playing with us and vice versa. Ofcourse he can do better but he’s playing his part in getting results. 

Bar the header against Everton he's not exactly had a million chances that I can recall. He's working hard for the team and getting into the right positions - he'll grab a few before the end of the season and they'll be worth every penny imo.

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Probably true but I think the lad just needs a goal for confidence. He’s still getting used to playing with us and vice versa. Ofcourse he can do better but he’s playing his part in getting results. 

He'll be a super sub next season 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Bar the header against Everton he's not exactly had a million chances that I can recall. He's working hard for the team and getting into the right positions - he'll grab a few before the end of the season and they'll be worth every penny imo.

He's not getting into the right positions imo.  With how bad our crossing was today, a better striker starts making runs to either front post or back post.  He's

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

He's not getting into the right positions imo.  With how bad our crossing was today, a better striker starts making runs to either front post or back post.  He's

A better crosser finds the man - it works both ways imo.

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Don't see a lot from him but the fact we've been so much better with him in the team makes me think I might be missing more subtle contributions. Though obviously need someone more threatening in longer term.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

:lol:

Exactly what I mean, not all contributions are that obvious to spectator.

I don't mind this lad, in fact I like him as a person but if he doesn't score in the next 2-3 games I really see no reason for him to last the full 90 anymore as dogshit as Gayle is, only issue being I'd rather we have 3 other subs on than Gayle for other positions on the pitch during the match but this guy not scoring yet is concerning.. 

I know most folks will disagree with the above but with an actual striker we very well may have won today. 

Edited by Amir_9

4 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I don't mind this lad, in fact I like him as a person but if he doesn't score in the next 2-3 games I really see no reason for him to last the full 90 anymore as dogshit as Gayle is

I know most folks will disagree with this but with an actual striker we very well may have won today. 

Are you saying we would play better with better players? 

His technique is hilarious, he plays with his strong foot as if it were his weaker one, looks so ungainly. He contributes to the team effort but looking forward to Wilson coming back and a new signing punting him down the pecking order come next season.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There's no guarantees we'd have W3 D2 without him? As long as we're winning and he's playing, he's also strengthened us.

Wouldn't bother. We could finish 10th this season and some fans will still trot out the weghorst/wood disaster!1!1

He played his part today. Thing I'm noticing is that he doesn't look great in the air. He wins his fair share of header but when he's planted to the ground... In the air he doesn't appear to be as good as I thought?? :sad:

Just me?