Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Just seems to get it and involves everyone from his mate Joelinton, new players like Tonali, to the players nearer 25th best in the squad. That's before considering the way he dragged our midfield almost single handedly for a large chunk of the season. Think he's became my favourite NUFC player in my lifetime since Christmas. Just a brilliant footballer and player to have here. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just seems to get it and involves everyone from his mate Joelinton, new players like Tonali, to the players nearer 25th best in the squad. That's before considering the way he dragged our midfield almost single handedly for a large chunk of the season. Think he's became my favourite NUFC player in my lifetime since Christmas. Just a brilliant footballer and player to have here. 

There can be only one! So important to us, both on and off the field. His marketing & promotional ceiling has yet to be reached. 

I remember Keegan talking about how you need several captains in the team to win things - and even pointing out that that was probably what was missing when he was here as manager; that he didn't have that.

Bruno is one of those players who is like a captain even if he doesn't have official recognition.  There is quite a few in the dressing room now - though I suspect we'll lose a few of those in the next season or so (Wilson, Trippier, Burn, Schar).

Bruno's character is just first class.  Another three or four like him and it really is a case of when, not if, we win things.  (If he stays :))

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I remember Keegan talking about how you need several captains in the team to win things - and even pointing out that that was probably what was missing when he was here as manager; that he didn't have that.

Bruno is one of those players who is like a captain even if he doesn't have official recognition.  There is quite a few in the dressing room now - though I suspect we'll lose a few of those in the next season or so (Wilson, Trippier, Burn, Schar).

Bruno's character is just first class.  Another three or four like him and it really is a case of when, not if, we win things.  (If he stays :))

I'm getting these vibes from Gordon these days.

31 minutes ago, Cf said:

I'm getting these vibes from Gordon these days.

Yes, he was pretty humble about it on his overlap interview, saying he's not very vocal in the dressing room, but he's clearly growing in stature all the time and helps to lead by example.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's been player of the year every year since he arrived. I like Joe and Wor Anthony but we're kidding ourselves saying their contribution ever surpassed Bruno's. I think it's borne of a semi-conscious desire to keep him grounded - like good parents or something.

25 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Romano getting a nudge from Bruno’s agent to put it back out there…

My mind went there too but the tweet is from April, so false alarm.

22 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

Bruno now *officially* recognised as one of the worlds greatest midfielders (his wiki page haas been updated as such):Screenshot_20240622_204125_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ac1130aa3f42b1f5004cf966f600de5e.jpg

So he's stayed at his two previous clubs for 2 years, and time spent with us is 2 years...

Worrying...