Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_2397.thumb.jpeg.98f26d42d122c9e88486f71dd6ba59a8.jpeg
Both staying! ??

Even better :laugh: Not seen Isak get involved in that kind of thing before.

Edited by 80

Not sure anyone has ever questioned his athleticism, only his speed?

Personally I've always thought he's plenty fast enough, but the impression I get from others' comments is that there's a perception he's not quick enough. Not that he doesn't have a good engine.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Personally I've always thought he's plenty fast enough, but the impression I get from others' comments is that there's a perception he's not quick enough. Not that he doesn't have a good engine.

“Context: Pundit Danny Murphy’s comments earlier in the season on Bruno Guimarães: "That (not being a good athlete) is what will stop him from being one of the best because everything else in his game is superb. He is a great passer, technically gifted, but he’s not a great athlete. He needs real athletes around him to shine.”

Bruno’s response:

IMG_2402.thumb.jpeg.787380bd6e7e461773c65614e5d29f37.jpeg

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

“Context: Pundit Danny Murphy’s comments earlier in the season on Bruno Guimarães: "That (not being a good athlete) is what will stop him from being one of the best because everything else in his game is superb. He is a great passer, technically gifted, but he’s not a great athlete. He needs real athletes around him to shine.”

Bruno’s response:

IMG_2402.thumb.jpeg.787380bd6e7e461773c65614e5d29f37.jpeg

What Danny Murphy said was bang on the money still.

I’ll say it once more for good measure, he doesn’t want to leave. Getting into Europe is the “measure” by which the club believe will determine whether they need to sell a big player. Bruno is aware of this.

It’s still up in the air, he’s not bought a house and he hasn’t extended his rental in Darras. Yet.

3 hours ago, Chris_R said:

He has quick first few steps proved by his ability to go past players but his pace on +10-15 meter sprints is one of the worst in the league. Doesn't really matter though unless he's trying to sprint back to defend a counter-attack.

Just now, Pata said:

He has quick first few steps proved by his ability to go past players but his pace on +10-15 meter sprints is one of the worst in the league. Doesn't really matter though unless he's trying to sprint back to defend a counter-attack.

Pirlo? Xavi? Xabi Alonso? To name a few. 

1 minute ago, CPL said:

Pirlo? Xavi? Xabi Alonso? To name a few. 

?

I said it doesn't really affect his play.

Just now, Pata said:

?

I said it doesn't really affect his play.

Yea sorry my bad. I didn't read it properly. It was directed more at the previous posts. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can't imagine everything wanting to a video another team celebrating scoring against your own side. Brentford lot really are a weird bunch. 

16 minutes ago, CPL said:

The only thing stopping him from being world class are his terrible knee slides. 

I love that he's so phenomenally shit at knee slides and still insists on doing them. I just find it so endearing.

Bit of an ignorant question, but what does being a good athlete mean as a footballer? It’s not the same as pace, fitness or strength, but some combination of them?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Bit of an ignorant question, but what does being a good athlete mean as a footballer? It’s not the same as pace, fitness or strength, but some combination of them?

Image.thumb.jpeg.9ac5d1b2f2a0b866df46c2c672c69b73.jpeg

Image.thumb.jpeg.4352f6c3e1ff6828db4f7853355fe795.jpeg

Edited by PauloGeordio

My favourite NUFC midfielder remains Rob Lee (and that would be hard to shake off, given he played during my formative years ...) - but Bruno G is the most complete midfielder I've ever seen in B&W.

Like everyone else I hope he stays, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he wanted to go off to get a chance to win the big pots.  He's in his peak years - we've still a bit to go yet.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My favourite NUFC midfielder remains Rob Lee (and that would be hard to shake off, given he played during my formative years ...) - but Bruno G is the most complete midfielder I've ever seen in B&W.

Like everyone else I hope he stays, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he wanted to go off to get a chance to win the big pots.  He's in his peak years - we've still a bit to go yet.

Safe for another season at least me thinks.