Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

It feels a bit like people are used to him now, tbh. He's old news. He still plays very similarly to when he first arrived but we're used to it - his stats are actually better.

He had some class games to close out last season which seem to never get mentioned. Brighton, Man U, Spurs etc.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Which explains his high pass accuracy. As I said sometimes these stats can be a bit misleading.

It was weird, like you could see passes that you expect him to try and it was like he’d turn away from them and play safer. 

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Which explains his high pass accuracy. As I said sometimes these stats can be a bit misleading.

Bruno plays as an old fashioned half back these days - he’s the most likely player to receive the ball off the back four, and most passes will come in his own half.  If he isn’t reasonably accurate and doesn’t have the most passes then something is going badly wrong that day 

Any of our midfielders playing as ‘number 6’ (still think it should be a number 4) would be likely to top some of those stats.  

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It feels a bit like people are used to him now, tbh. He's old news. He still plays very similarly to when he first arrived but we're used to it - his stats are actually better.

He had some class games to close out last season which seem to never get mentioned. Brighton, Man U, Spurs etc.

He hasn’t scored in nearly a year.  He didn’t seem shot shy when he joined. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, he was fitful first half.  Wasn’t exactly getting much service though.  

Only Rodri beat Bruno for passes under pressure last season, and his progressive passes stats for the last year are 90th percentile.

He's an extremely effective starter of moves.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As discussed in the match thread, played well tonight. Was the best of the midfield three against a relentless City press.

I'd disagree with that. Thought he was poor and easily dominated by Man City's midfield but it's about opinions.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bruno plays as an old fashioned half back these days - he’s the most likely player to receive the ball off the back four, and most passes will come in his own half.  If he isn’t reasonably accurate and doesn’t have the most passes then something is going badly wrong that day 

Any of our midfielders playing as ‘number 6’ (still think it should be a number 4) would be likely to top some of those stats.  

Funny as Tonali had more passes and higher accuracy last weekend and we won 5-1… Bruno was also rightfullt our worst player last weekendZ 

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Might want to re-check that. 

And even if that were true, he's not playing the same position as he was against Leicester at home 21/22.

I did :)

Football isn’t cricket or baseball.  As much as I enjoy random statistics being flung around, I’ve got eyes.  The lad hasn’t played as well as he did for quite some time.