Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just want to be clear here, are people saying you can't really critique a performance, irrespective of the opposition - early, middle, or late in the season because of what player(s) have done in the past or currently?

However/but if the player has a good game, it's okay to give praise? This point is really for all Newcastle players - Burn, Tonali, Bruno, Isak etc. 

Everyone is allowed to criticize whatever they want.  It’s their right. That being said, I can’t for my life understand how some people are so miserable after a 1-0 loss to the best team in the world after all we’ve been through. People need to temper their expectations for their own well-being. We beat Villa 5-1 last week at home and didn’t exactly get embarrassed at the Etihad.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Everyone is allowed to criticize whatever they want.  It’s their right. That being said, I can’t for my life understand how some people are so miserable after a 1-0 loss to the best team in the world after all we’ve been through. People need to temper their expectations for their own well-being. We beat Villa 5-1 last week at home and didn’t exactly get embarrassed at the Etihad.

Yeah, I'm with that. I think people need to realize there are differing opinions, differing expectations, and that's simply a part of life and football.

Having said all that, Bruno is our main man and I love the bloke unconditionally. Would love for him to smack in a curler versus Liverpool and go Bruno-style mental on Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Despise about 99% of our fans on Twitter. Full of odious weirdos, unfunny bell ends, just general thickos in various cliques. Burnsie, Gallant, Wraith and his mob, that dentist, Sean Casey, Ginger Pirlo, Polls, even Adam P to an extent. Then the multitude of big accounts like 360, Index, Magpie 24/7 amongst others. The polarising views and opinions from the fanbase on NUST in addition to just the mere existence of NUSC. Part of the reason why meaningful protests against Ashley could never be brought together. Now it's just conflicting self interested egos or just painfully unfunny divs that come out with brainless takes.

I'm glad that many of our players don't bother with Twitter and stick to Instagram. Twitter is a toxic cesspit of cunts. Probably why I'm on it tbf.

And now everyone needs to know your Twitter @ …..

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Yeah, I'm with that. I think people need to realize there are differing opinions, differing expectations, and that's simply a part of life and football.

Having said all that, Bruno is our main man and I love the bloke unconditionally. Would love for him to smack in a curler versus Liverpool and go Bruno-style mental on Sunday. 

For sure, however, My advice is that anyone unhappy with the start of this season should seek professional help. :pilko:

Bruno has been a victim of his own success I think. When he signed, those games after Southampton (a) where got his first start in the second half of 2021-22 and the first 3 months or so of last season he was frankly unbelievable. Probably because of the ridiculous contrast of having Bruno in midfield to having Shelvey, Hendrick and Hayden there only a few months prior. Because many aren't used to seeing him not stand out as much as he did a lot maybe expect too much of him. He's going to stand out like an oasis in a desert of Ashley era midfielders but with a ridiculously performing Joelinton, a great Tonali and the ever improving Willock and Longstaff he doesn't and likely won't. 

NUFC360 getting crunched by Bruno was not what I was expecting today. :lol: To right too, there does seem to have been a massive overreaction to a 1-0 loss (in which we where relatively solid) to the best team on the planet. The language used by 360 was ridiculous to say the least.

Unpopular opinion but Bruno has been a little less magic then in his opening spell.

But we are rating this against the very high standards he was performing at.

With regards to the 360 post we also had our player of the year in the pic who had one of his very rare poor games for us.

It's clickbate and too be honest no one would have cared if it wasn't for Bruno replying.

Expecting a Bruno winner and an Ayoze celebration to follow ... Or a red card as he is still angry!

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

18 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just want to be clear here, are people saying you can't really critique a performance, irrespective of the opposition - early, middle, or late in the season because of what player(s) have done in the past or currently?

However/but if the player has a good game, it's okay to give praise? This point is really for all Newcastle players - Burn, Tonali, Bruno, Isak etc. 

Might be in the minority here, but yeah I’d actually prefer a world where if we give praise to good performances and respond to poor performance by saying nowt. In more cases where players have been stealing a living (see C Jogback) then criticism is fine. But I think the other aspect of this is - Bruno didn’t actually play badly against City did he…it’s unwarranted criticism

3 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Might be in the minority here, but yeah I’d actually prefer a world where if we give praise to good performances and respond to poor performance by saying nowt. In more cases where players have been stealing a living (see C Jogback) then criticism is fine. But I think the other aspect of this is - Bruno didn’t actually play badly against City did he…it’s unwarranted criticism

There isn't anyone on this site who hasn't levelled criticism of what they view as poor performances - including the Man City game the other day.  People are just being selective in who they deem worthy of criticism (or not).

25 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There is a difference between being critical of a players performance, and "asserting blame to individuals" the later is needlessly provocative, and is there just to insight peoples in to a reactionary response. 

As an example, I can find his posting style a little ircsome sometimes (no offense buddy) but @The College Dropout is a good example of being critical without being inflammatory. 

Unfollowed NUFC360 a long long time ago. Used to be a decent account which pulled all the news sources together. 
Then they seemed to get a little closer with the True Faith bunch and started losing sight of what gained them their audience and started pushing their opinions so the stuff today hardly seems surprising.

That 360 post just reads like absolutely standard fan media fluff to me. Surprised it got any reaction from a player’s account. 

The criticism is completely wrong in general, but don’t think the post is all that bad. It’s nonsense, but it’s not really offensive. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

27 minutes ago, Kanji said:

It's more the bipolar nature of things. 

Not necessarily on here (although it does happen) but players and or the whole team can one game go from being class to "worrying" based on the result i.e a defeat or a draw and Burn is dog dirt, a win and Burn isn't too far off an England call up. 

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground for some people

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That 360 post just reads like absolutely standard fan media fluff to me. Surprised it got any reaction from a player’s account. 

The criticism is completely wrong in general, but don’t think the post is all that bad. 

Yep - bunch of daft lads who clearly forgot the audience that twitter brings.  It is why discussing football generally on twitter isn't a good idea - it is a completely open forum, and things can go viral.  Mind, if the players are following supporter accounts, then they've been daft themselves.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

It's more the bipolar nature of things. 

Not necessarily on here (although it does happen) but players and or the whole team can one game go from being class to "worrying" based on the result i.e a defeat or a draw and Burn is dog dirt, a win and Burn isn't too far off an England call up. 

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground for some people

It is worth re-reading the Man City thread itself.  Some of those on a high horse on this one were perfectly happy to criticise individual players on that thread.   Happily I don't think Miggy can read English, so we're probably safe from an angry reply on here from Almiron.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

It is worth re-reading the Man City thread itself.  Some of those on a high horse on this one were perfectly happy to criticise individual players on that thread.   Happily I don't think Miggy can read English, so we're probably safe from an angry reply on here from Almiron.

0_Screenshot-2022-05-27-at-080511.jpg