Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Being a mad bastard is part of what he is and part of what makes him so good. He obviously loves that role and feeding off the crowd as well. Frustrating as fuck when he does stupid things like he did today, take that away from him though and maybe he'd be a lesser player. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Jorginho is a traitor to his country and was rightly treated by a true Brazilian patriot.

I know that but he went all Charles bronson on him ? all that was missing was a beenie and a tash. 

While I do think Bruno genuinely went a bit loco after the Havertz incident, I do wonder if he was told to try and get a booking today so he misses bournemouth & won't miss chelsea or man u.

The ref made him work for it though.

18 minutes ago, andycap said:

I don't know why he decided to clatter jorginho every chance he got mind. You'd think he robbed his house or something ?. In my opinion I think it was planned as last year jorginho was man of the match. Put him off his game

Could have been partly not letting him dictate the game and partly wanting to get a booking so he misses Bournemouth rather than Chelsea/Man-UI

This lad is phenomenal. Gets the ball in any circumstance in any area and just knows what to do instinctively. 

Bit radge too at times which only endears him to me a bit more each time. He's not perfect but he's who I'd like to be if I were a footballer - I can't give him a more of a shove than that. 

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

I bet he saw the odious little rat get away with what should have been a red and decided it was safe to play dirty himself. It was the ref's fault for letting the game get out of control.

It is absolutely Bruno's fault for elbowing someone in the side of the head, shite reffing or no shite reffing. Needs to stamp that particular strain of aggression out pronto.

2 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

It is absolutely Bruno's fault for elbowing someone in the side of the head, shite reffing or no shite reffing. Needs to stamp that particular strain of aggression out pronto.

Completely agree. If he doesn't sort it out, it'll bite us in the arse when he's suspended or gets a red in a final or something.

Bruno plays with real emotion, It's everything that makes him the player he is. His presence around others is infectious, Joelinton's transformation is down to hard work, Eddie Howe, and playing along side Bruno. Joelinton also plays with that emotion now, not at Bruno's levels, but it transcends.

He did almost the exact same you Ugarte after not winning a foul. The injustice he feels deep down when he doesn't get a free kick or loses the ball must be something otherworldly to absolutely lose his head and chase after the guy who did it just to give him a whack.

Always makes the worry at the time but it's funny as afterwards.

Viera's response is exactly what our players would do in that situation and we would laud the shithousing. 

It was a foul, but I don't think that was a yellow card in isolation. Maybe the ref gave it for an accumulation of fouls or something, which I think they can do.

23 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Did he kick a ball off Havertz? I thought we were trying a quick free quick and the lanky knob was just in the way. Might've missed the incident in real time.

Hard to say really. Looked like a bit of both. We were trying for a quick free kick and he knew it so he took the opportunity to kick Havertz.

26 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Did he kick a ball off Havertz? I thought we were trying a quick free quick and the lanky knob was just in the way. Might've missed the incident in real time.

Havertz didn’t retreat 10 yards, in fact he was walking backwards and then stepped forwards. In most cases Havertz should get a yellow for blocking the quick free kick. 

26 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Trying to get Havertz a second yellow by kicking it at Havertz under the guise of trying to find Tripps on the far side. The fact Burn was stood behind him with another ball in his hand means the quick free kick was never going to be allowed. 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Trying to get Havertz a second yellow by kicking it at Havertz under the guise of trying to find Tripps on the far side. The fact Burn was stood behind him with another ball in his hand means the quick free kick was never going to be allowed. 

But Havertz does actually jump forward to block the freekick.