Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

17 hours ago, TBG said:

Especially when Villa are in the Champions League. 

Yeah and next season when Villa don't qualify he can look for another team temporarily in the CL to move to, us probably.. ;D

Edited by Teasy

On 13/06/2024 at 22:09, Mattoon said:

I've had jobs where I've been paid more and been miserable, I'd 100% sacrifice money over happiness all day long. Bruno is clearly on top of the world here but who knows how he sees it, only him I guess.

I don't think he'd be anyway as close to as happy as he is here, but to some that's not everything. Anyway, it's all conjecture until it's fact so I'm not worrying about what isn't material.

I thought the release clause was inserted in case Barcelona or Real Madrid wanted Bruno.

14 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I thought the release clause was inserted in case Barcelona or Real Madrid wanted Bruno.

That was what the quote suggested. Talked about “dream clubs” and I’m sure Ashworth mentioned they were abroad.

Anyway, if this is going to happen we may well see movement this week because Copa America starts later this week.

Pay up or shut up.

He'll have Champions League football and be surrounded by the best talent in the world at City, but one thing he won't have is the absolute adulation from the fans the way he does with us.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Always thought this would be the way teams would try to play it. Try and unsettle him so he actively pushes leave, which then leads to a better negotiating position for said team. Fortunately (please god) Bruno doesn't seem to the type who agitates. All the noises from his camp have been very "I'm happy to stay, if the release clause is activated then who knows."

Do think this likely means there is either a lower release clause in the deal for next Summer if we don't get CL. Or some form of verbal agreement that we won't stand in his way if we're not in CL and reasonable bid comes in. 

Just now, CallumG6 said:

Pay up or shut up.

He'll have Champions League football and be surrounded by the best talent in the world at City, but one thing he won't have is the absolute adulation from the fans the way he does with us.

And with their fans he won’t be able to reciprocate it. It’s a love story. He stays 🖤🤍

Let’s hope once the Copa America kicks off he decides he doesn’t want any distractions and turns his phone off.

47 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Only 2 weeks left of this nonsense 

The speculation, if anything, will ramp up once the clause is no longer in effect, imo. 

City should really just go after Zubimendi who is a deep lying playmaker type and has a 50m release clause apparently. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The speculation, if anything, will ramp up once the clause is no longer in effect, imo. 

How come? Because then more teams may be in the frame? Especially late in the window?

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

How come? Because then more teams may be in the frame? Especially late in the window?

Some clubs may think when the clause expires that he can be had for less and my guess is the media will be more than happy to fuel this. The reality is I don't think there's any chance we'd consider an offer meaningfully below the clause unless Bruno was kicking up a fuss to leave. And I think the only scenario where that happens is if Madrid or Barcelona are genuinely interested. 

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Some clubs may think when the clause expires that he can be had for less and my guess is the media will be more than happy to fuel this. The reality is I don't think there's any chance we'd consider an offer meaningfully below the clause unless Bruno was kicking up a fuss to leave. And I think the only scenario where that happens is if Madrid or Barcelona are genuinely interested. 

100% this, offer 75m threaten to walk away.   Convince Bruno to push for a move.  Leaves us in a bad position 

11 minutes ago, 1964 said:

100% this, offer 75m threaten to walk away.   Convince Bruno to push for a move.  Leaves us in a bad position 

I'm quite sure that Newcastle won't accept any bid under £100 million and I'm also quite sure Bruno won't push for a move. I think we're in total control and that's why any deal set up has a limited time period 

Edited by et tu brute

From 1st July other clubs aren’t limited by FFP for the current season.  I don’t think the speculation will end until the window closes.  I also think it’s likely that Bruno stays as I don’t think anyone will offer what we’d likely want and he’s unlikely at the moment to agitate for a move - he isn’t a £100m footballer, and I’d be surprised if we got a bid for that amount.  The clause would have been set at that amount and agreed by the club because it outstrips their valuation of him - you don’t agree to automatic release clauses under or equal to the amount that you think a player is worth to you.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'm quite sure that Newcastle won't accept any bid under £100,000 and I'm also quite sure Bruno won't push for a move. I think we're in total control and that's why any deal set up has a limited time period 

Totally agree. Would be madness 😉

31 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Because the clause gives us the cojones to say "£100m or get lost." It's an aspirational figure from our point of view. It's highly likely teams start testing our (and the player's) resolve once that is out of the picture imo.