Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, CPL said:

I've looked at the list. Apart from Szob, I wouldn't disagree too much with the ones above Bruno G. 

Maybe it's just me, but I'm rarely amazed by Bruno F when I see him play. Has some great moments, and works hard for the team, but he can be a bit of a hot head. When they are down by a goal, he typically start blasting shots from 25m into the stands out of frustration and doesn't actually do that much productive (in these scenarios).  He's a top player on his day, but Bruno G seem more consistent to me.

Edited by Erikse

6 hours ago, Erikse said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm rarely amazed by Bruno F when I see him play. Has some great moments, and works hard for the team, but he can be a bit of a hot head. When they are down by a goal, he typically start blasting shots from 25m into the stands out of frustration and doesn't actually do that much productive (in these scenarios).  He's a top player on his day, but Bruno G seem more consistent to me.

Bruno F literally carried that team last year. When he played, he dominated matches with big performances including against us towards the end of last season. If you put a vote on a neutral forum on who is the better player, unfortunately I think he would win the vote.

Bruno G makes us tick in a similar way but he can get caught on the ball which results in a counter attack from a dangerous position. Everything else he does, I wouldn't change a thing. If he carries on the way he is going, he will move further up that list for sure. 

1 hour ago, CPL said:

Bruno F literally carried that team last year. When he played, he dominated matches with big performances including against us towards the end of last season. If you put a vote on a neutral forum on who is the better player, unfortunately I think he would win the vote.

Bruno G makes us tick in a similar way but he can get caught on the ball which results in a counter attack from a dangerous position. Everything else he does, I wouldn't change a thing. If he carries on the way he is going, he will move further up that list for sure. 

I might be underestimating him. But at the same time, we have been absolutely useless everytime we have been missing Bruno G, so in that sense, you could argue that he is "carrying" us aswell. Most distance covered in the league is a part of it, like he is everywhere.

Bruno F has been carrying Man United for 4/5 seasons now really, he is also hardly ever injured which is a massive plus on its own. They’d have been far worse off without him.

Edited by Nine

12 hours ago, Erikse said:

"Givemesport" did a top 12 midfielders in PL list. Not going to link it, because I refuse to give them more clicks for it, but here's a piece of it:

8de6b4178b4b15a4ec9453a5e9fff921.thumb.png.2e3be9a8706aca424e6ed0d9ad2b92f6.png

:spit:

Well they’re undoubtedly all top players, but dodgy ranking. Off to find top five/full 12. 

edit:

“Be warned - this list is only our opinion and is not definitive. A whole host of factors have been taken into consideration when formulating the standings below - with importance to their team, goals, assists, and overall impact on games. 

It also has to be considered that some midfielders are more defensive-minded, while others are tasked with making more telling contributions going the other way, while a midfielder's price tag has also been included in the conversation - hence why the likes of Moises Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez are snubbed. Check out the full ranking factors below.”

Fair enough. Some top midfielders in PL mind. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

33 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well they’re undoubtedly all top players, but dodgy ranking. Off to find top five/full 12. 

edit:

“Be warned - this list is only our opinion and is not definitive. A whole host of factors have been taken into consideration when formulating the standings below - with importance to their team, goals, assists, and overall impact on games. 

It also has to be considered that some midfielders are more defensive-minded, while others are tasked with making more telling contributions going the other way, while a midfielder's price tag has also been included in the conversation - hence why the likes of Moises Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez are snubbed. Check out the full ranking factors below.”

Fair enough. Some top midfielders in PL mind. 

Maybe the list wasn't as bad as I thought initially. I did sort of agree with the top 5. But price tag? So being more expensive will count as a negative? Then it's absolutely bizarre that Szob is higher than Bruno G as he cost nearly twice as much.

Edited by Erikse

This list has Kobbie Mainoo as the 12th best midfielder in the league. He’s got plenty of potential but right now he’s pretty flawed and has looked like bollocks so far this season IMO.

3 hours ago, Kimbo said:

This list has Kobbie Mainoo as the 12th best midfielder in the league. He’s got plenty of potential but right now he’s pretty flawed and has looked like bollocks so far this season IMO.

To be fair, he’s been paired with 2024 Casemiro 

On 08/09/2024 at 06:50, Erikse said:

"Givemesport" did a top 12 midfielders in PL list. Not going to link it, because I refuse to give them more clicks for it, but here's a piece of it:

8de6b4178b4b15a4ec9453a5e9fff921.thumb.png.2e3be9a8706aca424e6ed0d9ad2b92f6.png

:spit:

I’ll happily post it :) 

https://www.givemesport.com/midfielders-premier-league-ranked/

Don’t see that much of an issue with the list tbf - Szoboszlai is the arguable one, but it’s hardly a massive issue.  I wouldn’t place Bruno above any of the top seven. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ll happily post it :) 

https://www.givemesport.com/midfielders-premier-league-ranked/

Don’t see that much of an issue with the list tbf - Szoboszlai is the arguable one, but it’s hardly a massive issue.  I wouldn’t place Bruno above any of the top seven. 

I posted a list like this earlier this summer, and was criticized for giving them clicks. Didn't want to take the risk.[emoji38]