Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

4 hours ago, Nine said:

If only we could play Bolivia every week 

Good thing we're not playing Liverpool and City every week.

Anyways I don't think it's a coincidence that he does this for Brazil. I kinda had a feeling it would happen. It's not necessarily just about him and his form, also the system, his role, and the players around him.

Edited by Erikse

I see he played in a double pivot alongside Casemiro.

Of the players we have, a Tonali-Bruno pivot seems like the best option if we want to try something new imo. Joelinton can play left wing or 10, or as a rotation option for the pivot players. Willock seems ideally suited to a 10 role with Isak ahead of him too imo. 

18 minutes ago, Smal said:

I see he played in a double pivot alongside Casemiro.

Of the players we have, a Tonali-Bruno pivot seems like the best option if we want to try something new imo. Joelinton can play left wing or 10, or as a rotation option for the pivot players. Willock seems ideally suited to a 10 role with Isak ahead of him too imo. 

Or Isak as a 10 with Wilson ahead of him

9 minutes ago, smootsmack said:

why does it seem like half this forum wants to drop or sell our best player because we are 1 point worse off than last year based on the fixtures so far?

There is the emotion as ‘good in business’ syndrome, sure, notwithstanding the cruel to be kind scenario.

31 minutes ago, smootsmack said:

why does it seem like half this forum wants to drop or sell our best player because we are 1 point worse off than last year based on the fixtures so far?

Is it blasphemy to not consider him our best player? Personally i think Isak and Botman have had better performances on average for us overall. I still rate him, but not as highly as the rest of the forum it seems.

Edited by Displayname

38 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Is it blasphemy to not consider him our best player? Personally i think Isak and Botman have had better performances on average for us overall. I still rate him, but not as highly as the rest of the forum it seems.

Botman is probably the most consistent one. Not sure about Isak vs Bruno, because they both have been insane at their best, but Isak has had some games where he's barely getting involved. Typical for a striker though, it even happens with Haaland. Kind of hard to compare the performances of Bruno and Isak, with Isak being a striker.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Botman and Isak er the only ones I wouldn't sell for any price. Getting 100m for Bruno would mean we could bring in a DM and an AM to offer us a better balanced midfield.

Not that I think it's going to happen anytime soon.

In a world where Caicedo just topped £100m, that bit is questionable... I'm sure it could be done, but it's easier said than done.

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Botman and Isak er the only ones I wouldn't sell for any price. Getting 100m for Bruno would mean we could bring in a DM and an AM to offer us a better balanced midfield.

Not that I think it's going to happen anytime soon.

Fair. Good strikers for a fair price are not easy to find nowadays, so Isak is very important. But it's also hard to find a good DM without breaking the bank.

Edited by Erikse

36 minutes ago, RS said:

He would be much more effective in a triple pivot with a false 10 in the side. This would allow a shadow 6 leading to a hexagonal defensive midfield formation 

As long as all 3 mids have good torso deception we good.