Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Giroud is quite possibly one of the slowest players I’ve seen 😂

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I must’ve missed that.  Getting outpaced by a 37 year old Olivier Giroud is funny more than anything.  

aye but you only saw 25 minutes 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Strange that he would want a release clause now, but didn’t want one when he signed and we were any in the relegation zone.

Don’t really blame him, no guarantees we’ll keep making champions league, end of this season he’d have been here nearly three years, assume he’ll see out next season as well and then if we’re not in the CL and he’s doing well, then a move would make sense for all parties. 

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Wonder how the release clause works? I honestly don’t think he’s got the physicality to play for a Real or Barca. Could Chelsea invoke it? Seems strange.

I don’t know much about contracts, but guessing release clauses are probably pretty standard for players who are potentially still on the rise. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

I don’t know much about contracts, but guessing release clauses are probably pretty standard for players who are potentially still on the rise. 

I think they are becoming increasingly used in the PL and they’ve been widely used in La Liga for years. It would be interesting to understand any clauses. Only CL teams? Exclude PL teams? Only Real/Barca?

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Unless he is in top form the rest of the season it's still going to be a very small pool that can afford £100m+ throw in the fact he has to want to go too, who knows where we will be if/when that happens 

He's going to end up at Liverpool isn't he 😐

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

He's going to end up at Liverpool isn't he 😐

Think that ship has sailed now, didn't realise they got gravenberch til yesterday. Think they will focus on defence and possibly replace salah next 18 months. In between that knacka crying he can't compete financially