Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure mild criticism of mediocre performances going back nine months can constitute hounding a player out mind.  I haven't seen a single person say we need to get rid.

Apart from huge exaggerations about his form, weird narratives about his attitude and suggestions we should sell him, its all been very mild.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apart from huge exaggerations about his form, weird narratives about his attitude and suggestions we should sell him, its all been very mild.

His form has been mediocre for pretty much the entirety of 2023, and every player has a price.  Sorry, I'm not buying the hound-him-out narrative.  If you want to see what abuse looks like, have a look at comments re Dan Burn or Anthony Gordon.

15 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He’s still a bit off the pace and that booking was complete school boy nonsense. It was verging on violent conduct. Not the first time either.

He had a good game. 

The petulant fouling is something he’s always done and will likely keep doing. 

It’s the kind of thing people ignored or made excuses for when he was the golden boy. I think some are turning on him and using it as a stick to beat him with. Whole time he’s the same player doing the same thing. 

He was the best midfielder on the park by a distance. One thing I noticed is Longstaff lets Bruno lead him. And he fills in. Tonali plays his own game and doesn’t work well with Bruno yet.  

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

His form has been mediocre for pretty much the entirety of 2023, and every player has a price.  Sorry, I'm not buying the hound-him-out narrative.  If you want to see what abuse looks like, have a look at comments re Dan Burn or Anthony Gordon.

My tongue was very much wedged in my cheek, but much like a lot of reactions after a couple of defeats they've been well over the top. Its very reminiscent of ASM.

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

He had a good game. 

It’s the kind of thing people ignored or made excuses for when he was the golden boy. I think some are turning on him and using it as a stick to beat him with. Whole time he’s the same player doing the same thing. 

He was the best midfielder on the park by a distance. One thing I noticed is Longstaff lets Bruno lead him. And he fills in. Tonali plays his own game and doesn’t work well with Bruno yet.  

That’s a good summing up. There’s no harm in pointing out players aren’t in form and can do better but the overreaction from football fans thesedays is ridiculous. Someone is a god one minute, then they’re shite. Fwiw I thought Bruno looked a lot better on Saturday, he was recycling the ball quicker. In time I’m sure Bruno and Tonali will play well together but Longstaff definitely allows Bruno to do his thing better and Longstaff with Bruno and Tonali might work well. I wonder if they’ll look to bring in a more traditional 6 type player who can shield the defence, break things up and allow the likes of Bruno etc to crack on ahead of them. 

14 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That’s a good summing up. There’s no harm in pointing out players aren’t in form and can do better but the overreaction from football fans thesedays is ridiculous. Someone is a god one minute, then they’re shite. Fwiw I thought Bruno looked a lot better on Saturday, he was recycling the ball quicker. In time I’m sure Bruno and Tonali will play well together but Longstaff definitely allows Bruno to do his thing better and Longstaff with Bruno and Tonali might work well. I wonder if they’ll look to bring in a more traditional 6 type player who can shield the defence, break things up and allow the likes of Bruno etc to crack on ahead of them. 

Bruno and Tonali are good footballers, so hopefully they will.  They definitely need time to develop an understanding - I’ve got a feeling they’ll find European football the ideal place to develop it.  Sometimes the pace of the game in England slows the development of those sort of partnerships. 

Games like these are where the players who can step up a gear stand out. He thought a yard quicker than everyone else, and was one of our few players who managed to get past their press with some cute turns and bursts of acceleration.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Thought he was the best player on the ball against Brentford and he was great again today. Gets man marked which stops him playing offensively.  But he was sharp on the ball all game. And brilliant off it for the entire 95 minutes. A champion.  

Agree, he put in another great performance tonight.

On 17/09/2023 at 23:27, The College Dropout said:

He had a good game. 

Hopefully Tonali and Burno can develop a better understanding over time, they are both quality players in their own right but they seem to detract from each other at present rather than compliment.

Edited by pubteam

17 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Hopefully Tonali and Burno can develop a better understanding over time, they are both quality players in their own right but they seem to detract from each other at present rather than compliment.

I think its the third spoke in the wheel that complicates things. That's not to say any of the options there are a problem, rather the system complicates B&Ts relationship.

Double pivot (as the cool kids would say) or an old skool Lee/Clark type combo imo allows the relationship to flourish and allows for a tweak in formation to add an option supporting the striker.

Dare I even suggest a 3-1-4-2 (or version of) once Hall and Livra get in the team to be the way forward if we want to build around these 2