Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Saw an interview today with Bruno and Big Joe, where Bruno says he gave a gift in Joe's name to charity for him being a groomsman. A doggie charity. I'm not sure I could love this bloke more.

29 minutes ago, Stal said:

Saw an interview today with Bruno and Big Joe, where Bruno says he gave a gift in Joe's name to charity for him being a groomsman. A doggie charity. I'm not sure I could love this bloke more.

is it still up somewhere?

Was class, if he'd got the winner it would have been amazing.

I'm absolutely mystified that anyone still wants to play him in one of the #8 roles for us though, he looks absolutely awful trying to run with the ball at full speed :lol:

Cant believe I'm saying this but would his £100m release clause fee be better used to buy £300m(?) of new players under FFP. He cant shoot, has no pace, cant tackle and is often found wanting in the most important games. He's a brilliant player for teams challenging 4th-7th but PIF want more than this. A midfield of Bruno, JoL and Longstaff/Miley/Tonali is too slow and cannot break up attacks. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Was largely brilliant today but I think he looked really fatigued by the end.  He was most culpable for the 2nd goal. I think he was too tired to foul the lad. That’s his only excuse.  So poor letting dude run past him.  

He was on a one game ban if he got booked, so I think he probably had that in mind all game tbh.

Thought he was great overall. Him and Joelinton seemingly developing an almost telepathic understanding nowadays.

Edited by Minhosa

Our lack of cynical fouls does my head in. Not just today either but the amount of times a player could drag someone down like them 2 milan players did today, yet we just let them run through. Longstaff is the worst for it

Bruno didn't get booked did he? Must have missed that?

4 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Cant believe I'm saying this but would his £100m release clause fee be better used to buy £300m(?) of new players under FFP. He cant shoot, has no pace, cant tackle and is often found wanting in the most important games. He's a brilliant player for teams challenging 4th-7th but PIF want more than this. A midfield of Bruno, JoL and Longstaff/Miley/Tonali is too slow and cannot break up attacks. 

No.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Our lack of cynical fouls does my head in. Not just today either but the amount of times a player could drag someone down like them 2 milan players did today, yet we just let them run through. Longstaff is the worst for it

Bruno didn't get booked did he? Must have missed that?

No - that was my badly worded post, I meant if he got booked he'd have missed the next round.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

He was on a one game ban if he got booked, so I think he probably had that in mind all game tbh.

Thought he was great overall. Him and Joelinton seemingly developing an almost telepathic understanding nowadays.

That would be stupid of him imo.   Worry about that when you’re watching the R16 game in the SJP stands or the EL play off first leg.  Unless he was on a yelllow either him or Isak needed to chop him Down. 

5 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Wow. Just wow.

Stop the bus. I want to get off.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

That would be stupid of him imo.   Worry about that when you’re watching the R16 game in the SJP stands or the EL play off first leg.  Unless he was on a yelllow either him or Isak needed to chop him Down. 

Obviously can't say for certain but I felt he just pulled out of a few situations tonight that he's previously not done and can only imagine that potential suspension was playing on his mind.

It's his favourite competition and I can't imagine he'd want to miss a minute, let alone a game tbh.