Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

17 hours ago, Conjo said:

Yeah, I do believe that. It's not like we're getting fucking relegated to the championship is it? :lol: Liverpool didn't get CL this season. How many of their top players left in a huff? Chelsea a mid table team can retain and pick up whomever they want. Arsenal finished 8th twice in a row under Arteta did they have to sell their best players because they didn't want to be there?

These are players who are playing for an ambitious club, which they are well aware of, and every player getting interviewed is always bragging about how good group they are. They are getting paid a lot more than what they would get elsewhere in Europe and play in the best league in the world™. One season outside of CL won't scare them away.

We aren't Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. You're doing this thing that I've seen here where people conveniently compare us to a top 6 side when the argument suits them. But will compare us to Wolves, West Ham & Brighton when the narrative better suits.

People on this forum discounted Liverpool but sensible people knew Liverpool would qualify for the CL this season (and with a backwind, challenge for the title) and probably win the Europa. Look at Klopp's record over the years, he has the odd bad season. Not to mention, Liverpool pays the second-highest wages in the league.

Arsenal rebuilt their side. Spend top dollar and have high revenues.

Chelsea are shit.

We've had 1 European campaign in a decade and face FFP issues. Most of us and the club itself would accept not qualifying for the CL next season too. Our "right" level isn't the CL and we are years away from that being a reality. 

4 hours ago, Vedder said:

Without falling into the latter, we do have to acknowledge Bruno in particular was sold the dream of us conquering England and Europe. Whether it’s FFP or whatever, I think it’s fair to say our trajectory isn’t going to be as fast as we hoped. Fans are quick to turn on players when things don’t go well yet believe players should be so attached to the club. The reality is they have short careers that they need to make the most of and at the moment, you couldn’t blame our better players for wanting to go to Arsenal over staying with us. But if it does happen, we’ll make a profit and hopefully recycle it well like Liverpool and Spurs have done in the past. 

I don't agree with this.

The biggest likelihood of Bruno leaving is that he;s been the most consistent and standout performer and he has a release clause (and he was signed for a relatively low fee and now has big wages which will help FFP wise if he's sold). If Isak can stay fit and score he might become more likely to be sold. However, he's developed injury concerns and makes less sense to sell from an FFP perspective as the fee is likely to be closer to his amortisation cost than Bruno's sale.

Those are the last 2 I would sell. I'd sell anyone else before them.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't agree with this.

The biggest likelihood of Bruno leaving is that he;s been the most consistent and standout performer and he has a release clause (and he was signed for a relatively low fee and now has big wages which will help FFP wise if he's sold). If Isak can stay fit and score he might become more likely to be sold. However, he's developed injury concerns and makes less sense to sell from an FFP perspective as the fee is likely to be closer to his amortisation cost than Bruno's sale.

Those are the last 2 I would sell. I'd sell anyone else before them.

Naaa Isak will have a lot of suitors. Players like him are gold dust. 

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Naaa Isak will have a lot of suitors. Players like him are gold dust. 

He has to end the season strongly and to stay fit. 

We could only justify selling him for £100m or close. Injury record is a blocker and prevents him getting the big numbers.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He has to end the season strongly and to stay fit. 

We could only justify selling him for £100m or close. Injury record is a blocker and prevents him getting the big numbers.

His injuries tend to be niggles which are clearly aggravated by poor squad management. If we look at his goals per minute over the last 2 season he’s an elite forward and one of the best in the world. That’s playing in a team which doesn’t play to his strengths. 

he’s definitely worth more than 100m and even then I wouldn’t sell as long as he’s happy to stay. 

now if I’m Arsenal I’m buying him at all costs this summer.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We aren't Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. You're doing this thing that I've seen here where people conveniently compare us to a top 6 side when the argument suits them. But will compare us to Wolves, West Ham & Brighton when the narrative better suits.

People on this forum discounted Liverpool but sensible people knew Liverpool would qualify for the CL this season (and with a backwind, challenge for the title) and probably win the Europa. Look at Klopp's record over the years, he has the odd bad season. Not to mention, Liverpool pays the second-highest wages in the league.

Arsenal rebuilt their side. Spend top dollar and have high revenues.

Chelsea are shit.

We've had 1 European campaign in a decade and face FFP issues. Most of us and the club itself would accept not qualifying for the CL next season too. Our "right" level isn't the CL and we are years away from that being a reality. 

I'm comparing us based on our potential, ambition & financial strength. We're viewed as the club most likely to crash the top 6 party. If I looked at it cynically through a players eyes, I'd think the potential to maximize my income is stronger by staying at Newcastle and playing well than to leave for any club bar 10 clubs in the world (6 of them being the "top 6" in England). 

There's a lot things that needs to happen for one of them to be prepared to pay an acceptable fee & wages for our players considering the players they already have on their books and their own adherence to FFP, so I view the chance of us keeping them as very high even if the players were interested in a move. 

31 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

His injuries tend to be niggles which are clearly aggravated by poor squad management. If we look at his goals per minute over the last 2 season he’s an elite forward and one of the best in the world. That’s playing in a team which doesn’t play to his strengths. 

he’s definitely worth more than 100m and even then I wouldn’t sell as long as he’s happy to stay. 

now if I’m Arsenal I’m buying him at all costs this summer.

Agreed. But if he only manages 27 league appearances this season - do you think Arsenal are spending £100m on him?

After Bruno he's our biggest diamond anyway. We should do what we can to keep him. I'd sell anyone else before those two.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed. But if he only manages 27 league appearances this season - do you think Arsenal are spending £100m on him?

After Bruno he's our biggest diamond anyway. We should do what we can to keep him. I'd sell anyone else before those two.

If I’m them absolutely, they can manage his minutes much more effectively than we have which has been the biggest issue he’s faced. We’ve rushed him back early and then ran him in to the ground. 

Let’s hope he’s happy to stay and we actually build around him. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

If I’m them absolutely, they can manage his minutes much more effectively than we have which has been the biggest issue he’s faced. We’ve rushed him back early and then ran him in to the ground. 

Let’s hope he’s happy to stay and we actually build around him. 

I don't think a club can take that £100m gamble on Isak unless he can put together a sustained run til the end of the season.

We've got him in a Deathrow Contract. 4 years left in the summer. We'll need £100m to let him go and he'll need 20 league goals for a team to pay that

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

with the service he would get at other top teams I'm sure 100m would seem like a bargain

Bruno to City is similar to Modric to Real. His levels would increase beyond what most would believe possible, with that movement around him, he’d become a Rodri /KDB hybrid. Perfect.

I hate the thought of it but we might sell him for £80+ million to fund further spending. They might see Tonali coming back and a couple of newcomers as replacing him and improving. If FFP is as tight as we're led to believe it seems inevitable that one of our top assets will go at some point. 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

I hate the thought of it but we might sell him for £80+ million to fund further spending. They might see Tonali coming back and a couple of newcomers as replacing him and improving. If FFP is as tight as we're led to believe it seems inevitable that one of our top assets will go at some point. 

The most recent published accounts did not contain revenue from Newcastle's Champions League campaign or the impending Adidas sponsorship partnership, with a much higher revenue expected to be recorded next year. "Newcastle likely to earn £300m in 23/24 so cap would be £210m," football finance expert Kieran Maguire wrote on X on Monday evening.

Chronicle