Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

It’s undeniable that he can shoot, he’s scored some brilliant goals. He just doesn’t usually have a lot of space to get shots off when in final 3rd/around the box

Don’t like this Man City rumour as it’s a bit too plausible. They need someone who can cover the Rhodri role when needed and who can also play alongside - Bruno could do both easily

Beyond Man City there aren’t many clubs that are a risk

I think if a club like Man City trigger his release clause, he’d be off. I wouldn’t blame him. It’s a short career and opportunities like that can’t be guaranteed to recur. 

He has made a huge contribution, so I’d wish him well if that happened. I’d much prefer it if he went to Barca or the like though.

8 hours ago, TRC said:

Yep. I'm surprised more people don't do that. Just boot the ball away in the 93rd minute. Second yellow

Like Gordon, who would have been on 9 yellows and had three matches to get through to avoid a two match ban…

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

Well, we might still see him every week next season with the breaking news!

We willl anyway for next season. Now it could be until he does his testimonial [emoji38]

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

We willl anyway for next season. Now it could be until he does his testimonial [emoji38]

Just heard on talkshite that we're willing to sell him in the summer!?

Eddie on Bruno 

“Let me tell you, players like Bruno aren’t around every corner — they are very, very rare. He should be appreciated for everything he brings. 

“My intention would be to keep Bruno at the football club for as long as we possibly can, but I can never make any guarantees as that would be absolutely foolish. 

“Who knows what the future holds. But our part in this is to try and make the players feel at home and feel happy. Develop them, develop their talents, develop their careers, and hopefully that’s enough to keep them here for a long time.”

On 05/04/2024 at 10:23, Joelinton7 said:

“My intention would be to keep Bruno at the football club for as long as we possibly can, but I can never make any guarantees as that would be absolutely foolish. 

In other words he will be sold for FFP this summer.

9 minutes ago, rutland said:

The question to him was ‘can you guarantee Bruno won’t be sold this summer?’

But he probably will be to be fair.  

13 minutes ago, rutland said:

A. If someone meets the clause then its up to the player.

B. If someone else offers way above what we value him at then it makes sense to sell.

C. I wonder how much we can raise through selling others and how much other revenue has increased ?

4 minutes ago, madras said:

A. If someone meets the clause then its up to the player.

B. If someone else offers way above what we value him at then it makes sense to sell.

C. I wonder how much we can raise through selling others and how much other revenue has increased ?

Our revenue will have went up on last season, but how much depends on final league position.  If we finish mid table, then not by much.  It’s still likely to be around £300m, and with next season’s FFP changes we’d likely have around  £30m or so for additional amortised fees and wages without selling.

So we will likely need to sell to buy if we’re looking for any big ticket transfers. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Our revenue will have went up on last season, but how much depends on final league position.  If we finish mid table, then not by much.  It’s still likely to be around £300m, and with next season’s FFP changes we’d likely have around  £30m or so for additional amortised fees and wages without selling.

So we will likely need to sell to buy if we’re looking for any big ticket transfers. 

Wouldnt the Champs league money be in there ? What sponsorships did we have for this season that wouldnt have been in the previous years accounts ?

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Wouldnt the Champs league money be in there ? What sponsorships did we have for this season that wouldnt have been in the previous years accounts ?

CL money would already be counted as we only played in the group stages

Just now, nufcnick said:

CL money would already be counted as we only played in the group stages

I just mean in this years (23/24) yet to be published accounts that we'll be basing next seasons expenditure on.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

Sela would be in there - an increase of about £20m.  No other significant commercial income increases.  CL money too, an increase of c.£35m.  Each league position is worth around £3m in prize money, so there’s a drop off. 

The club turned over £250m in 22/23.  So around £300m is about right - and given the lack of CL football next season, the adidas deal means that we’ll likely remain at roughly that figure.

FFP rules next year are transfers and wages = 70% of turnover.   Our book of amortised transfers will be at roughly £90m, as is our current wage bill.  Which leaves roughly £30m to play with, unless we sell (Lewis Hall will get added of course).

Back of fag packet stuff, but it won’t be far off.

This is why Howe was talking about not expecting big deals in the summer.  He wasn’t lying.  But if we bring additional revenue through sales, at least that will be churned back in. 

edit: £30m would allow us to buy two c.£50m players including wages of £100k+ per week if amortised over five years.  So we will be able to spend.  But bringing in money from sales will allow us to spend a lot more. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sela would be in there - an increase of about £20m.  No other significant commercial income increases.  CL money too, an increase of c.£35m.  Each league position is worth around £3m in prize money, so there’s a drop off. 

The club turned over £250m in 22/23.  So around £300m is about right - and given the lack of CL football next season, the adidas deal means that we’ll likely remain at roughly that figure.

FFP rules next year are transfers and wages = 70% of turnover.   Our book of amortised transfers will be at roughly £90m, as is our current wage bill.  Which leaves roughly £30m to play with, unless we sell (Lewis Hall will get added of course).

This is why Howe was talking about not expecting big deals in the summer.  He wasn’t lying.  But if we bring additional revenue through sales, at least that will be churned back in. 

edit: £30m would allow us to buy two c.£50m players including wages of £100k+ per week if amortised over five years.  So we will be able to spend.  But bringing in money from sales will allow us to spend a lot more. 

I thought our wage bill was around the £180m mark 

4 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I thought our wage bill was around the £180m mark 

It is :) - I ballsed up the numbers there.

It’s 90% next season squad to income ratio.  So £270m for amortised fees and wages.  

28 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

And there will be sales even if not purples. I could see most of the current right hand side (Miggy, Murphy, Longstaff, even Trippier) moving on and even Joelinton if he holds out for too much.

Just now, madras said:

And there will be sales even if not purples. I could see most of the current right hand side (Miggy, Murphy, Longstaff, even Trippier) moving on and even Joelinton if he holds out for too much.

Yeah, I think so too.  I don’t think we need to get rid of Bruno to get a decent budget.

Exactly as you said, unless the lad wants to go, then he should be here next season.

It is a shame we didn’t try to cash in on the likes of Almiron last summer, but nowt we can do now. 

47 minutes ago, madras said:

Got a few at the end of their contracts, haven’t we? Along with some with just a year left on decent money that I’m sure compromises will be reached on. 

I know we need depth. But quite a few of the squad are nowhere near getting first team minutes. So they’re just purely dead money as it stands.