Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Make him captain, make him mayor, make him manager just please stay

Think he’ll get the armband. Deservedly so. Also think it’s another tie to the club, that would hold his heart here a little longer! 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Think he’ll get the armband. Deservedly so. Also think it’s another tie to the club, that would hold his heart here a little longer! 

The only question mark on captaincy for me is his discipline but had managed to avoid that second yellow so far...

10 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

The only question mark on captaincy for me is his discipline but had managed to avoid that second yellow so far...

Think it would temper him, not too much but the responsibility would iron out those daft challenges we haven’t seen for a while! 🤞🏻 

15 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Surprised his knee didn't explode with that botched knee slide celebration.

We really should have a no kneeslide policy until our injury list is a bit lighter. :lol:

I think a lot of us are understandably scarred by past approaches to selling players and also the way players saw the club. That’s not the case now though, we’re a legitimate club challenging for CL places. Yeah, we’ve had a down year, but it’s not like we’ve been in a relegation fight. Players who like being here aren’t necessarily going to be desperate to leave because of one season of terrible luck. As long as we’re ambitious we have a good chance of retaining him.

He'll have to be clever about it if he does get booked on Saturday and then needs to get that second yellow. Can't be too obvious about it, I'm sure players have been investigated in the past for intentionally receiving yellow cards.

Easiest way is probably to wait til stoppage time and then kick the ball into orbit after the ref has blown for a free kick or throw.