Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Played like someone believing his own hype. So often did something overly elaborate instead of the simple option.

I think it’s more trying to impose himself (too much) than trying to show off. But obvs we aren’t inside his head. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Poor game today and they did a number on him but fuck me yeah let’s crucify him when he’s been a god up until now for most. Have a word, fuck off ?‍♂️

Having noticed every mistake Longstaff has made for 5 years, im behind this kind of thinking. Especially with someone who is absolutely class. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Having noticed every mistake Longstaff has made for 5 years, im behind this kind of thinking. Especially with someone who is absolutely class. 

Bruno is a class player, didn’t have a great game but neither did a few. We missed Longstaff too but that probably highlights the number 6 position 

It's not that he was bad it was that he was needlessly bad, kept being needlessly bad, stopping our attacks and putting us under pressure.

Hard to be critical when he's so good, but you have to be honest when these performances do happen.

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Poor game today and they did a number on him but fuck me yeah let’s crucify him when he’s been a god up until now for most. Have a word, fuck off ?‍♂️

It's OK to point out that a player played shite.

Nobody crucifying him?

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I think he missed Longstaff next to him, as wild as that is to say. 

I really hope the ankle isn’t catching up with him. We need him back on top form for the run in. 

He definitely did imo. Joelinton was shite too 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I don't get why he's getting caught in possession so much recently.

When he first came, he was flawless on the ball, at a time when adjusting to the league and you'd expect him to get caught out more.

Anyway, he's still class. Poor today and absolutely schooled by Jorginho and Odegaard but it doesn't change anything about how important he is for us.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I think he missed Longstaff next to him, as wild as that is to say. 

I really hope the ankle isn’t catching up with him. We need him back on top form for the run in. 

He definitely did. For Longstaff's limitations he is excellent - and I mean excellent - at finding pockets of space to be available for a pass. The simple pass just wasn't available on so many occasions today, and that's because you've got a player there who, for all he has been brilliant, isn't a central midfielder... Against top players that is always going to be exposed. 

He, like the other CM's are also likely feeling the fatigue factor attributed to not bringing that pivotal extra CM in when we lost shelvey. Just to rotate and sub out. It's likely taken a toll on them all. Exacerbated by longstaff being out.

Absolutely love him but needs to rediscover his form and maybe some rest, he has been below par for weeks now and has avoided criticism due to having set such high standards previously that a dip in form was forgivable to the extent it isn't even recognised by many. 

Edited by Amir_9

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I don't get why he's getting caught in possession so much recently.

When he first came, he was flawless on the ball, at a time when adjusting to the league and you'd expect him to get caught out more.

Anyway, he's still class. Poor today and absolutely schooled by Jorginho and Odegaard but it doesn't change anything about how important he is for us.

I think other sides have watched his patterns and have wisened up to him. Arsenal had his number today and he was dispossessed four or five times… unusual for him…

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

He definitely did. For Longstaff's limitations he is excellent - and I mean excellent - at finding pockets of space to be available for a pass. The simple pass just wasn't available on so many occasions today, and that's because you've got a player there who, for all he has been brilliant, isn't a central midfielder... Against top players that is always going to be exposed. 

This felt like the crux of the problem today. Once they went up, the passing lanes were shut down so well. We were slow at making choices and started to dally so they capitalised.

Think we need to limp him to the end of the season and sort out whatever niggle he's had the last month or so out over the summer. Even if it's something that needs surgery and it means he misses the start of the season, get it done. We should have a signing or two in the summer that'll compensate him missing games from August onwards.