Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

He’s been shite recently. 

Not going to be harsh on him as he’s been playing injured for months. Anyone should be able to see that. His lack of pace has been exposed further with the ankle problem.

However I’m still in that lone camp I’m guessing on here that he’s over-hyped. That’s not to say he’s not very good.

Next season alongside you’d imagine one new midfielder is going to be an interesting watch.

Just had hoped it would’ve been last January as that was the weakest spot in the squad.

He looks a bit off the pace. Guessing that is from his ankle or a bit of burn out.

I feel he is a victim of his own success, mind. By his own high standards, he has certainly been below par of late. But when comparing to some of the others today and some of his positive contributions. If he was shite. Then fuck knows what words we’d need to describe some of the others.  

I thought collectively, we were just not at it. Schar and Pope had quality games, I thought. Burn was solid enough. Other than that, it was frustrating or brain dead performances all round. 

He really needs to step up in the next two games. Games like today's are the ones you expect someone like him to be able to control - put his foot on the ball and slow the game down a bit. He can do it with his quality but he wasn't close sadly.

Has been robbed of possession in deep,dangerous positions way beyond he's playing on one leg nonsense. If he wants to be one of the elite ( which he definitely can do),he needs to  eradicate it 

17 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I get the ankle injury but some

of His decision making has been so weird, like that shot he took that was never on in a million years 

Aye it’s the decision making for me. It’s been so bad. He’s forcing passes too much.  He needs to be the one adding composure and class to the midfield and he’s not doing it. 

Ankle must not help. But it’s the decisions that are bad. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Aye it’s the decision making for me. It’s been so bad. He’s forcing passes too much.  He needs to be the one adding composure and class to the midfield and he’s not doing it. 

Ankle must not help. But it’s the decisions that are bad. 

Yeah that’s the thing, he didn’t even need to be brilliant today, Leeds midfield is really really bad, just take control of the game, slow it down. And for whatever reason he’s not doing it 

Just saw a stat in the Athletic, Bruno has lost the ball 37 times in the last 3 games (or over 12 times per game) compared to his usual just over 8 per game.

Fatigue or playing through a knackered ankle probably contributing to this

18 hours ago, NUFC said:

Just saw a stat in the Athletic, Bruno has lost the ball 37 times in the last 3 games (or over 12 times per game) compared to his usual just over 8 per game.

Fatigue or playing through a knackered ankle probably contributing to this

He's started trapping the ball with his studs last few games and rolling it to give himself some space or maybe move the ball away from the opposition press. It worked initially, but seems like players are spotting it now and catching him while he takes that extra touch.

I don't know if this is injury related, but he is definitely getting caught more. Doesn't help that he looks far more isolated since Longstaff has been out. Doesn't help that Joelinton has looked a bit tired recently and seems to be slightly off as well.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Playing with an injury to help the team 

Legend - Love him 

Easy to see he is not his best , but he is still digging deep to get us ‘over the line’

Howe said in his press conferences before his ankle is fine.  Prob telling fibs

Is there any actual tangible evidence that he's carrying an injury, just seem like an excuse to protect a fan favourite, not a chance Longstaff would get the same excuse peddled for him.

He's been excellent for us and is a big reason why we're still in this league and pushing for top 4 but he's been poor for a while and Howe needs to find a way to get him back to his best.

Not sure I buy the burnout excuse either, apart from the cup run, which he missed one of the games due to suspension he's had no extra games outside the premier league schedule, there's no excuse for fatigue or burnout IMO.

I'd back him to get back to his best but he deserves the small bit of criticism that's coming his way currently.

2 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Is there any actual tangible evidence that he's carrying an injury, just seem like an excuse to protect a fan favourite, not a chance Longstaff would get the same excuse peddled for him.

He's been excellent for us and is a big reason why we're still in this league and pushing for top 4 but he's been poor for a while and Howe needs to find a way to get him back to his best.

Not sure I buy the burnout excuse either, apart from the cup run, which he missed one of the games due to suspension he's had no extra games outside the premier league schedule, there's no excuse for fatigue or burnout IMO.

I'd back him to get back to his best but he deserves the small bit of criticism that's coming his way currently.

There's no excuse for fatigue, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening to many in the team.

None of them have played at this high level for so long. Even Tripps has not played this many league games since the Burnley days.

Said in another thread. Partey has looked cooked for a few weeks now. He's not played tons of games, but he's physically shot. It's the intensity of the league. It took Rodri 2 seasons to get up to speed. And even then half City matches he can stroll about on the ball.