Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Big Joe, Little Joe, Cowboy Sean should be more than enough for Everton's midfield.

We'd miss his playmaking but the midfield wouldn't be overrun.

Miggy and Murphy giving directness out wide.

I'd rather sprint to 3/4 more wins then give him the last 3 weeks off, this game is likely to be the most physical so if he isn't 100%...

On 24/04/2023 at 11:22, Kid Icarus said:

Bruno needs an end of 93-94/start of 94/95 period of form to get past Rob Lee for me, but I've no doubt that he's capable of doing it. That spell, plus longevity are the only things holding me back from saying he's the best midfielder I've seen at Newcastle. The likes of Cabaye are leagues below Lee and Bruno and shouldn't even be mentioned really. 

700k :lol:

With him this season our points per game aren’t far off Arsenal and City. 

In the six games without him (admittedly small sample) our points per game are only better than Southampton. 

Hope to fuck he’s playing.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Would be gutted but not shocked if he is out for this and we're trying to keep it on the down low. He spent the last 15 mins of the first half on Sunday limping around the pitch. Was actually shocked he came back out after half time. And I know whenever Bruno is going to be out they try and keep it quiet for as long as possible. 

Howe has already said this morning that he’s fine for this game. Can’t see him lying about that. He said that Bruno had a bad injury to the ankle (which we knew about), and they thought it had healed fine as he didn’t have any pain for a few weeks. However, sometimes when he twists it or gets a knock on it, it’s extremely painful for a short period but that he’s fine again straight away after that. Howe said it was something Bruno and the medical team would have to look at sorting in the future. Really doesn’t seem to be a major issue right now. 

Bruno:

"The best thing that happened in my life was to join to Newcastle. I'm so happy here, I think I'm living my dreams here. I have been playing very, very well since I signed for the club. The job of the guys, the job of the manager making me happy here, making my family happy, making me dream because since I signed, on my debut I said I'd like to play Champions League in this shirt and people said I was crazy because we were fighting for relegation. These guys are so ambitious, and I will keep the ambition because my life is like that, and I'm proud of what I'm doing here".

He's just magic.

Utterly, utterly, sublime.

I appreciate that all of these thing are chemistry - what with him being here with Jo etc - but he's absolutely incredible.

His drive, touch, passing and passion are on another level 

He was way off it the first half but proved his class in the second.

Like others have mentioned, I don't think he's fully fit and he's waiting for the summer to get some work done but he's absolutely class when he's fit and one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Nine said:

He’ll be off for surgery/recovery during the summer. Let’s hope he’s in the side come the first game back, he is the key. 

[emoji38] Just enjoy the results 

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

He was way off it the first half but proved his class in the second.

Like others have mentioned, I don't think he's fully fit and he's waiting for the summer to get some work done but he's absolutely class when he's fit and one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

I wouldn't say way off it, the entire midfield was finding it difficult against the pressing of McNeil/Doucoure/Gueye/Onana, especially with Doucoure finding pockets of space in behind Longstaff/Bruno and constantly pressing them early. Willock woke up second half to even that out and as soon as a game gets stretched, Bruno takes over, which he did. Exquisite.

19 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] Just enjoy the results 

Oh I do. But I also think about tomorrow and the day after that and so on.

Edited by Nine