Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Give me those fixtures he has missed?

I can’t be bothered to look them up mate, but transfermarket says he missed 3 games in August with a hamstring injury.

The point is, let’s not jump to conclusions that one of our key players and best performers is being played out of position after a bad game against a very good side (and is clearly carrying an injury).

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I can’t be bothered to look them up mate, but transfermarket says he missed 3 games in August with a hamstring injury.

The point is, let’s not jump to conclusions that one of our key players and best performers is being played out of position after a bad game against a very good side (and is clearly carrying an injury).

Draw, loss, draw with Longstaff as DM. Also had similar form when Longstaff played there before the LC final.

Thanks for coming. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Draw, loss, draw with Longstaff as DM. Also had similar form when Longstaff played there before the LC final.

Thanks for coming. [emoji38]

Must have had those results because Bruno wasn’t there playing at 8. If only Howe could see it. 

Edited by Nine

42 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I think it is completely fair that people vent their frustrations and just simply call out when players have bad games.

What you're describing are the rules of a cult. 

Hardly, he's describing support. There's a cohort of people who are far more active and verbally florid as soon as there's anything negative to pick at, without giving any due respect to history or context.

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Must have had those results because Bruno wasn’t there playing at 8. If only Howe could see it. 

Thanks for the W.

Just now, STM said:

Thanks for the W.

No thank Eddie for the ‘W’, he’s been consistently playing Bruno out of position all season after all..

:lol:

If anyone can be forgiven a shocker, it's this fella.

His worst game of the season was Brighton away for me but today runs it close.

Dreading an injury to him still. If Longstaff doesn't get back soon, we can ill afford to lose Bruno.

Just one of those days balance doesn’t look right in midfield without Longstaff and he was trying to hard. He did the same in cup final and just tries to force things to much sometimes. Still young and big match experience will come the more we play in them.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

He's given it away loads in very dangerous areas this season tbh, but we've hardly ever been punished.

He gives it away because he's trying to create space tbf, today he got isolated by the Arsenal pack too many times, think he could have done with better support from others around him. Although no excuse for the goal, that was just a really bad touch, and an equally bad foul following it.

I do think our centre mids have been hung out to dry a bit with the January window, looking back, considering how we play the game at such intensity.

Obviously, we've still done so well but there's been so few options to rotate that fatigue, whether mental or physical, has crept in a few times in the second half of the season.

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Would it be worth giving Anderson a run in the Longstaff role. He seems to have a good engine. Middle 3 of Anderson, Bruno and Willock. Front 3 of Joelinton, Isak, Almiron 

Hard to tell, didn’t he play that role against Sheffield Wednesday in the cup? He was really poor in that game.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, STM said:

He played 8 last year and was class. He also believes he's a number 8.

He might be wrong and you might be right though.

he played just as many games last season in the position he is in now as he did further forward.

Edited by reefatoon

Guest reefatoon

Just looked back through and from his full debut v Southampton, he played 6 games without Shelvey where he was the deeper player and 5 with Shelvey. So he was class playing in the role he is now.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Still boggles my mind that we spent 40m on a talented winger where we already had more than enough cover, and not a penny on cover for Bruno.

That was my concern at the time. Not buying Gordon. Just only buying Gordon. The squad has been a quality midfielder short all season.

Bruno has been playing injured since Fulham.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Still boggles my mind that we spent 40m on a talented winger where we already had more than enough cover, and not a penny on cover for Bruno.

The club have said it was because none of their primary targets were available.

The only real worry to me re Bruno is that he seems to have forgotten how to shoot.  He hasn’t scored in six months and some of the efforts he’s producing are simply shite.

His ability to retain the ball while drawing players in usually creates space in midfield or draws fouls - though against the very best sides that is fraught with danger, and I suspect a lot of teams have now worked out some elements of dealing with him in that regard - he was making similar errors in retaining the ball too long against Southampton last week (and has for some time).

The lad is likely knackered and a bit out of form tbf.  Ideally we’d rest him for a game or two - but of course we don’t yet have the squad depth.  I also think that the Willock-Bruno-Joelinton midfield is repeatedly being shown not to be our most effective - Longstaff plays such an important role in there. 

6 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

We’re going to see this more and more as we’re successful. Some will quickly forget where we’ve come from.

Yeah that's what worries me, instant success, there will likely be those that would call for Howes head if we didn't manage to get the top four.