Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

5 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Not worried about the release clause, if he really wanted to leave he wouldn't sign a new contract in the first place.

I wouldve thought it would be higher though if we've just knocked back Liverpool's bid of 100mil for him.

It said in the region so safe to say it would break whatever Chelseas record fee is 

4 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Either way, if the clause does get activated, it's nice knowing it'll be reinvested into the squad. Not just lining up some fat cunts wallet.

There's a million things to slag that twat off for, the accounts prove this is bollocks though

9 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Disappointed to see there is a release clause. I don't think it will have been our suggestion and I don't think it will benefit us should we ever decide to sell.

Work both ways. If clubs are offering £90m which would be considered, and we've a release clause for £120m we say to player and club, thats what's agreed so meet it or its not happening. That's our valuation and the player agreed to it, there's no lower and we want it all upfront. 

Tbf, no club is paying £100m+ upfront, so it'll always be in our hands to accept. 

Surely the release clause only matters if he actually wants to go. Key thing to him staying is that we stay an ambitious club on the up that equally ambitious players want to come to.

May be deluded here, but can't think of more than half a dozen clubs right now that would be both tempting to go to and would also have the money to release him.

Not that angry about the release clause, from the player's POV it's fair enough. It should have been about £150m in today's market though, there's quite a few clubs that won't think twice on spending £100m on a player of his quality.

2 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Is this where he turns into Aubameyang or Ozil post big Arsenal contract then? Worrying.

I'm hoping he gets back on it. Seems to be totally off the standard which got him this deal. 

I've always found him to be strongest in the 60-80 minute mark of games where tired legs afford more space and he begins to swagger, orchestrate and properly take over the midfield jousting. He's still doing that even in this slight form slump so not too worried really, unless he does go the Ozil route...

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You'd take £120m for him all day long. Just think how many Harvey Barnes we could get for that.

More seriously we could have had two Szoboszlai’s (would have been a great fit for us imo) for that plus the additional expenditure £100m gives you FFP wise. (Just checked Liverpool seemingly got him for ’only’ £52m).

Edited by Coffee_Johnny