Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

On 24/09/2023 at 03:38, Stottie said:

I suppose the big risk (emotionally) is Liverpool buy him with monopoly money they get from Saudi for Salah. Him going somewhere else wouldn't bother me anything like as much.

The money many Saudi clubs are getting though is from PIF. As things stand, FFP will not let PIF spend the same on NUFC even if they wanted to. However a 70M+ profit on Bruno would go a long way in changing that. Perhaps we would become the "world's richest club" after all. The FFP shackles would certainly come off.

Just a thought, but if Brighton can lose a manager, all his staff, a sporting director, and many of their best players and keep on rolling, perhaps we should not become so attached to a midfielder, even a clearly brilliant one. 

Any player, if Saudi genuinely want to have the best league in the world, and believe they'll be bigger than the Premier league in time, then we'll just become a conveyer belt for them.

Yep he was immense and agree Sheffield dropped a bollock letting Bruno dictate play so freely.

But our players have needed that kind of game, if just to reinstate some confidence on the ball as you'd think the ball was herpes since the start of the season.

Nice to see him buzzed again.

Saw a mad graph about Bruno being the most pressured player in European football this weekend, he usually receives an absolutely insane amount of presses. 

I guess he invites it by the way he takes extra touches and is prepared to put the ball a bit at risk, but I guess there'll be an adaptation period for him to maximise his impact in those circumstances. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The new contract is all very strange. Seems to genuinely want to stay, signs long term, but there's an alleged release clause in there. I can only think certain clubs can trigger it under certain circumstances, otherwise it'll be triggered next summer.

With the exception of Man City I weirdly don’t feel threatened by any other PL clubs in regards to Bruno. If one of the Spanish Giants come in for him though I suspect he might be off

14 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

There's been a few comments on the way he rolls his foot over the ball, but that goal doesn't happen without that technique today.

It's a canny trick which buys him space most of the time, but some opponents have spotted it and he's been dispossessed a couple of times. I guess price is worth paying when it gives you that sort of quality in the middle.

4 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

IMG_3715.thumb.png.11b35f79a58edb6237325a8ff958f215.png

A pregnant elephant? I tried to google its meaning, and I found this:

Dream about pregnant elephant points to a part of yourself that is repressed and hidden. Something you said could be leaving a strange taste in your mouth. You are being punished for your actions. This dream is sometimes a broken relationship or severed connection. You need to reconnect with a person in your life. Pregnant elephant expresses concerns about carrying your family line or legacy. Feelings of resentment is taking over you. You need to show more of your creativity in your life. Your dream expresses some ulterior motive. An issue may be weighing on your mind. Pregnant elephant in dream signifies conflict and confrontation. You need to get more exercise. Your true self is lost or blurred. The dream is a symbol for the memories or unnecessary details you keep stored in your mind and need to retrieve from time to time. You are ready to let go something or someone in your life.

Worrying.

His control for his goal was world class. No time to think, pinged his way and he just owned and then put it in the net. That’s just pure talent.  Velvet touch. I reckon, in our squad, only Isak could do something similar.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Saw a mad graph about Bruno being the most pressured player in European football this weekend, he usually receives an absolutely insane amount of presses. 

I guess he invites it by the way he takes extra touches and is prepared to put the ball a bit at risk, but I guess there'll be an adaptation period for him to maximise his impact in those circumstances. 

He's also the only real ball progressor through passing in our midfield and our threats up top aren't enough of a deterrent. You stop him, you stop us. You can't do that to Partey. Odegaard is one pass away.

43 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Honestly - it's more to do with the opposition than him. He's man-marked nearly every game and it limits his impact. SU let him do whatever he wanted.

I think he's been good all season mind. Was good in Milan and against Brentford.

I think he's been good as well, but I'd argue in games where we needed him to absolutely destroy the opposition (esp lower sides) he hasn't really done that. Yesterday reminded me of him last season pre World Cup and the end of his first season with us when he was just cooking all over. 

I don't get the angst over a release clause. Of course if be upset if real Madrid came in and got him but we're not a club that won't bother replacing the best player any more, it'll be gutting if he goes but that is the nature of financial fair play until we have much higher commercial income we will cash in i suspect then buy the next Bruno for half the price (well preferably before)

Not losing a wink of sleep over a release clause, if someone is paying 100M+ for Bruno that means he's been playing brilliantly for us and that probably means we're at the top end of the table in CL or Europa form. Further, it's up to him to leave at that point.