Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Nah if Bruno wants to leave we will sell that I’ve got no doubt. 

When the release clause was agreed with Bruno there would have been discussions to come to an agreement on the minimum value we would be willing to let him leave for, as well as that window of opportunity we had in place.

Even if Bruno did want to leave, I cannot imagine him forcing us to take less money, at an inconvenient time for us.

And so if they weren't willing to meet the clause during the window that was available, and think they can come in later for less money or even for equal the clause, it ain't happening.

The later they leave it, the greater the disruption to us, and so the higher the price above the £100 million clause.

2 hours ago, STM said:

If City come in, even for 80m we've got problems. Naturally Bruno will want the move and we will have to talk to them. We may get more money but the point is that we would lose Bruno.

I don't think this is a big a problem as in the past. If we sell, we sell on our terms. That means making a massive profit and using that to buy someone who would be the next Bruno. The alternative is just holding onto players until their contracts or their value runs down.

Of course we aren't looking to sell, we would rather build our team around Bruno, but until we are playing regularly in the CL we remain in the transition period where some trading is inevitable.

I'm not even now convinced that it was Bruno's side that pushed for the release clause. Given the timing of it before the PSR deadline, and our subsequent relatively panicked sales, I think we arranged it as a potential PSR solution that would be palatable from a PR perspective due to the clause.

On 02/07/2024 at 12:00, ponsaelius said:

I'm not even now convinced that it was Bruno's side that pushed for the release clause. Given the timing of it before the PSR deadline, and our subsequent relatively panicked sales, I think we arranged it as a potential PSR solution that would be palatable from a PR perspective due to the clause.

Exactly what I think. Which makes me feel more secure that Bruno definitely wants to stay and make history here. I think his hand was forced in order to get the new contract which is why he said those things in interviews.