Dan Burn

Rich

He is getting forward too often and it's meant he's getting caught out of position as he's not the pace to get back.  Did it again today for their 1st goal.

9 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Good signing at the time, and did a great job last season. 

Unfortunately looking like a squad player now, another position we must upgrade if we are going to progress.

100%

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Putting him against Salah was a crime by Howe.

Taking 82 minutes to realise it wasn't working is a bigger crime.

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

he’s getting turned inside out a lot this season, 

This is my issue and why I feel. like he's being targeted. 

He seems to be getting rinsed constantly.  He's going on fruitless marauding runs up the left leaving us short, just don't think it's his game. 

He got took off straight after half time on boxing day as he was getting rinsed off elanga, not sure what the logic was putting him up against Salah today... unless it was the only option of course. 

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Krafth on the right and Tino at LB.

Emil Krafth in Anfield while moving Tino to his wrong side?

I'd agree with that. Some of his best play comes from carrying the ball infield. This has also been the case when he has been on the right (thinking of the Man United assist). So if kind if makes sense that he's looked better over on the left in this system. 

Thought Burn was fine tbh. Won most of his duels. It was the defending once they got past him that was the major issue. Gordon also gave him absolutely no help when he switched over to that side.

Edited by Smal

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Remarkably looks even slower than before. Needs to be a rotation option next season.

He’s nearly 32 tbf. He’s not going to get any quicker.

35 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s nearly 32 tbf. He’s not going to get any quicker.

This, also given his size he was always going to be a player who will decline quickly. Love the guy but at this stage we should be looking to transition him into a squad player. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We've just given him a new contract as well haven't we? Don't know if it's down to FFP meaning we're having to do it or not, but renewals to the likes of him, Ritchie, Dummett, etc seem weird.

His contract was due to end this summer, it's effectively been extended by a year. It made sense and at the time most would have agreed with it, though can understand why recent form might make it seem weird 

In theory he should be 4th choice CB and 2nd/3rd choice LB so giving him an extra year makes sense, the FFP benefit isn't necessarily huge in terms of extension but if there is an opportunity to sell him in the summer then it could help but I suspect he isn't going anywhere and he'll be here next season too

Ritchie/Dummett should not under any circumstances be given contract extensions, thank them for their services in the summer and say goodbye to them 

If Burn stays, I think Lascelles has to be let go as well. Need to start getting ruthless I think. Burn 4th choice CB, 3rd choice LB pretty much replacing Dummett's role.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Burn stays, I think Lascelles has to be let go as well. Need to start getting ruthless I think. Burn 4th choice CB, 3rd choice LB pretty much replacing Dummett's role.

Was thinking the same, our defence is going to be a real headache come summer. 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think both Lascelles and Burn will stay 

It will end up being

RB - Trippier, Livramento, possibly Krafth too

CB - Botman, Schar, Lascelles, Burn

LB - Targett, Hall

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think both Lascelles and Burn will stay 

It will end up being

RB - Trippier, Livramento, possibly Krafth too

CB - Botman, Schar, Lascelles, Burn

LB - Targett, Hall

If this is our defence next season we don’t make champions league imo. 

13 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If this is our defence next season we don’t make champions league imo. 

We will not make Champions league anyway
I would guess Burn takes Dummett's place as a last chance sub, Dummett and Lascelles are off.