Dan Burn

Rich

4 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

It's literally just been binned from what i gather. Team captains from my days were Bill Beaumont and Ian Botham. Good times :smitten:

That was the peak when I was a kid, was still excellent when John Parrott and Ally McCoist were captains. Stopped watching when they left. 

13 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

I seem to be saying this regularly in here. But he comes across really well in the media. 

Foster gets a bad wrap and if I listened to him all the while. He might start to grate. But he always comes across as so jovial and friendly. It’s hard not to like him. 

Yeah I like Foster, always seems to have good things to say about us as well.

Can definitely see BDB doing media work once he retires, he comes across well. Plus he has a natural gimmick of being huge. 

When he turns heel it'll be epic.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That moment when we seemed to have a load of possession only for him to let it bounce off him for a throw-in, be subbed with Howe screaming for him to leave the pitch at that side, only to run the width of the pitch to waste our own time, was something else. 

Was mind boggling stuff. 😅

Think the coming off was just misunderstanding the gesture from the other side of the pitch.

He was fine today on the whole. Wasn’t remotely a problem. Not really a solution to our attacking problems but was fine defensively on the whole.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Think the coming off was just misunderstanding the gesture from the other side of the pitch.

He was fine today on the whole. Wasn’t remotely a problem. Not really a solution to our attacking problems but was fine defensively on the whole.

I completely agree, but I still think it summed up our afternoon 

I just really like Dan Burn, regardless of his limitations as a player.  I know we get local lads playing for us, but he’s one of the few who actually sounds like blokes I know (I don’t just mean in terms of accent).  I think he knows what a privileged position he’s in.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I just really like Dan Burn, regardless of his limitations as a player.  I know we get local lads playing for us, but he’s one of the few who actually sounds like blokes I know (I don’t just mean in terms of accent).  I think he knows what a privileged position he’s in.

He always feels like it he wasn't on the field playing for us he'd still be in the stands supporting us

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Looks a yard slower today. 

Don’t know why he was last man but he was so poor and slow on the turn and on the run vs Chris Wood

I thought he couldn’t get any slower. 

cracking lad, and a top pro but starting this guy at left back in one of the slowest defences elite football has ever seen is clearly a mistake. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I thought he couldn’t get any slower. 

cracking lad, and a top pro but starting this guy at left back in one of the slowest defences elite football has ever seen is clearly a mistake. 

Maybe. I hope he can find his level again and improve. I like him as an option. But today he was at his worst. 

Tucked in and opened up the space for Elanga to be thread through by Gibbs-White, it was made easy by Burns position. 

On the Wood goal, he's caught watching way before Wood does him in the box, it was further up the feild, he'd already been done.