Dan Burn

Rich

Where are all the Burn haters now?

Embarrassing how the fan base has behaved towards him and Howe.

Just goes to show how little the fan base understands about tactics. 

I love livra but he is not the solution at lb. Can deputize but not permanently yet, if you have trippier on the other side going forward.

I'd argue that tripps shit run of form was worse and more devastating than Burns, but nobody was calling for him to get dropped the way people have called for Burn. 

Just now, NobbySolano said:

I love livra but he is not the solution at lb. Can deputize but not permanently yet, if you have trippier on the other side going forward.

I'd argue that tripps shit run of form was worse and more devastating than Burns, but nobody was calling for him to get dropped the way people have called for Burn. 

Wrong game to use as an example - Cause Botman and Schar + our dogshit midfield has given the goals. Oh and two of them is on Karius.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Wrong game to use as an example - Cause Botman and Schar + our dogshit midfield has given the goals. Oh and two of them is on Karius.

Our dog shit midfield has been the same dog shit defensively the whole time burn was getting stick

3 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

Fuck off man, are you related to him? He should have been dropped for the Bournemouth game but Howe has waited till this game and thrown Tino under the bus. Tino should start for the rest of the season regardless of tonights result.

Just now, Beth said:

Fuck off man, are you related to him? He should have been dropped for the Bournemouth game but Howe has waited till this game and thrown Tino under the bus. Tino should start for the rest of the season regardless of tonights result.

Everyone else seems to have been watching a different Livramento from me.  He hasn’t looked good in most of his starts since November. 

9 minutes ago, Beth said:

And this is the average fan... No idea how it all works. Just spewing whatever bullshit they see on tiktok.

Not related. I don't even care if he is local or not, but those local should have a little more patience for him.

I never wanted him at lb tbh, but fair play to him he showed up and did a job. Did a great job for the longest time. Until injuries changed the team and he was out in a difficult spot. 

But even then, he was the better fit for our system. He had a dip in form after playing too many games and more injuries creating more space behind (dubrabka was never the answer and should have stayed at man reds).

Yet, he does more good than bad. If you replay all the goals given this season, I'll bet you $20 that there were as many or more goals with trippier at fault (and I love trips). 

People fail to recognize his defense and just want him to bomb forward and give him stick because that's not his game. When his form dipped they couldn't wait to pull the knives and blame him.

Tl;Dr you and your kind of "fan" can fuck right off 

1 minute ago, NobbySolano said:

And this is the average fan... No idea how it all works. Just spewing whatever bullshit they see on tiktok.

Not related. I don't even care if he is local or not, but those local should have a little more patience for him.

I never wanted him at lb tbh, but fair play to him he showed up and did a job. Did a great job for the longest time. Until injuries changed the team and he was out in a difficult spot. 

But even then, he was the better fit for our system. He had a dip in form after playing too many games and more injuries creating more space behind (dubrabka was never the answer and should have stayed at man reds).

Yet, he does more good than bad. If you replay all the goals given this season, I'll bet you $20 that there were as many or more goals with trippier at fault (and I love trips). 

People fail to recognize his defense and just want him to bomb forward and give him stick because that's not his game. When his form dipped they couldn't wait to pull the knives and blame him.

Tl;Dr you and your kind of "fan" can fuck right off 

Ok Mrs Burn.

29 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

Are Burns critics supposed to go anywhere? He played 15 min after Arsenal took off Ødegaard/Saka, still nearly gave a goal away. 

Judging Livramento after this game with a non existing midfield and up against a guy who had scored 6 in 4 is a little hasty maybe.

Came on did OK once Arsenal took off all their starting attackers. Should he have started, yes. In a back 5 though, to defend the threat from set pieces, still don't want him back at LB over Tino

11 hours ago, NobbySolano said:

Trippier's little run was a spate of individual errors rather than any particular flaw with his game. Other than Son at Spurs who ruined him a couple of times (note: one of the best players in that position in the world...not Ogbene or Semenyo). 

22 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Just catching up - are we now at the “player who was on 6 goals in 4 games scores so Livramento is shit” frame of mind?

I'd say it's more "bringing in Livramento for Burn won't solve as much as some people seem to think it will" 

For one, regardless of who's there, our midfield is still open and leaves our defence exposed. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think Howe is conning people with Burn. Before the Forest game he talked about how much Burn offers tactically when i’ve never seen him play like anything other than a normal left back (other than being ridiculously tall for a full back). Near enough every team in the history of football playing a back four would have one fullback stay deeper if the other was high up the pitch. Then a day later he does change tactically, Trippier going into the middle of midfield in possession and Burn narrower in a back three and he still got done on the break for the 1st goal and a massive chance before that. The only thing he offers different to other options is height and he still plays at home to Bournemouth then gets left out against the best team at set pieces in the league away from home. Absolute certainty we hear about defending set plays for two days before Blackburn and he starts on Tuesday.