Dan Burn

Rich

He's had one reasonable game in the last 10, been rinsed in the other 9. He's got no pace and his positional play is is poor. He's had so many bad performances this season people have forgotten all the good games he had last year.

Its Time To Go Goodbye GIF by Saturday Night Live

37 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

If Eddie thinks he’s one of the core group then move him to center half ffs. The lad isn’t a left back/wing back whilst he’s got a hole in his arse. 

He's been a disaster whenever he's played at CB. Brighton this season for starters.

41 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

If Eddie thinks he’s one of the core group then move him to center half ffs. The lad isn’t a left back/wing back whilst he’s got a hole in his arse. 

Instead of who? :lol:

The CBs we have are levels above him, even Botman in poor form. 

57 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Instead of who? :lol:

The CBs we have are levels above him, even Botman in poor form. 

I tend to agree and I don’t see him as a CB in this team. However, Dummett isn’t far off the current version of Botman :lol: (jk).  

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

He’s a top lad and does have some unique strengths. My main issue isn’t even defensively although it’s tough seeing him get skinned. My main problem is that I always want wide players to be quality on the ball and able to either carry it or play quality passes. I’ve loved him as a player for us but I cannot face the idea of him being our main LB next year 

not really.

3 hours ago, Beth said:

He's been a disaster whenever he's played at CB. Brighton this season for starters.

He was great for half a season there when he signed and played there about 2-3 times in the last 18 months like. 

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

not really.

Clearing the vast majority of balls that get swung in from corners is a major strength. Getting his head on every single lofted ball from keepers that goes anywhere near him is also a strength, even if we don’t always win the second ball 

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

Clearing the vast majority of balls that get swung in from corners is a major strength. Getting his head on every single lofted ball from keepers that goes anywhere near him is also a strength, even if we don’t always win the second ball 

thats not a unique ability though.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

thats not a unique ability though.

Disagree really, he surely makes way more header clearances than anyone else in the team and probably in the top three in the league? Pretty useful, but obviously not enough to compensate for weaknesses in the rest of his game 

8 hours ago, gbandit said:

Don’t win 2nd balls because no-one has a fucking clue where his headers are going. Most shocked thing about yesterday’s game, was his knock down for Isak. First time ever :D 

I’m sure it will just be Lascelles in for Botman. But I wouldn’t mind seeing Burn get a game at CB. 

Going against what I’ve said about him previously. As I know he has looked poor there a couple of times when he’s moved inside. But he had plenty of good games there when he first came in and last season (I think?). So wouldn’t mind seeing a left footed CB still and an actual full back next to him. 

On 17/03/2024 at 09:52, gbandit said:

Disagree really, he surely makes way more header clearances than anyone else in the team and probably in the top three in the league? Pretty useful, but obviously not enough to compensate for weaknesses in the rest of his game 

Among defenders he's 6th in aerial duels won (9th per 90 and behind Lascelles). He's 9th in % of aerial duels won.

20 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Among defenders he's 6th in aerial duels won (9th per 90 and behind Lascelles). He's 9th in % of aerial duels won.

In the league?

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m sure it will just be Lascelles in for Botman. But I wouldn’t mind seeing Burn get a game at CB. 

Going against what I’ve said about him previously. As I know he has looked poor there a couple of times when he’s moved inside. But he had plenty of good games there when he first came in and last season (I think?). So wouldn’t mind seeing a left footed CB still and an actual full back next to him. 

I would.  He’s played most of his career at LB/LWB for a reason. 

7 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

The game against Brighton when he played centre back .:scared:

I'm not a Burn lover but the whole team were poor from Pope right the way up that day. It was his first game at CB for a year. He was solid along side Schar for half a season when he arrived.

Didn't Burn play CB the entire first half season under Howe with Targett at LB? He was excellent then in my memory.

It seems crazy a couple of poor games this season and suddenly he's incapable of playing there for some.

I'd prefer him there than left-back (if anywhere).

We played a pretty high line too, and that was with Dubravka in goal. Basic tactics was we'd press high with Fraser, Wood and Maxi/Willock, force them to hit long, Schar and Burn would be close to the halfway line when we did this and would win the majority of long balls aimed that way and Bruno would play from that. Was a simplified version of what we did last season based on where we were.

Edited by Optimistic Nut