Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

First manager to reach five CL finals. Won the league in Spain, England, France, Germany, Italy. Doesn't spout philosophies, doesn't fight with anyone. Absolutely respectful to the opposition players, fans, no controversial statements. Definitely must be considered in the conversation for the GOAT.

Why is philosophy getting a kick in the dick, here? [emoji38]

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

The first leg though? 

Only mistake was the Fernandinho sub, they should've been out of sight in the first 30 mins.

They need to sign a striker mind, big time.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Ancelotti's tactic this year has been to win games when making subs in the 60-70th minute. 

Aye it's the sort of thing you have to respect but not necessarily like. I think it's their status and success that makes me dislike it, if Atletico did that to Real I'd love it 

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

How is the BT studio?

Some Man City supporting lass currently talking on 5Live and she's distraught. Had already making plans for the final!

:lol: Stupid twat.

It’s like City’s players know about Pep and CL and can’t handle the pressure. Unfair to put it all on Pep, he’s not telling his players to turn to shit at deciding moments.

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

I just mean more that if you get control of a game you can spoil the game, there is nothing wrong with that, but he wont ever do that. 

They did that in the 2nd leg vs Atletico tbf.

5 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I would try to live an off the grid lifestyle if that happened to Newcastle , I’d be too traumatised to be a functioning member of society

Lisbon qtr final under Souness probably the closest we'll ever come to experiencing what City did tonight. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Pata said:

It’s like City’s players know about Pep and CL and can’t handle the pressure. Unfair to put it all on Pep, he’s not telling his players to turn to shit at deciding moments.

He should tell them to finish their chances, they should've scored 7 last week.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye it's the sort of thing you have to respect but not necessarily like. I think it's their status and success that makes me dislike it, if Atletico did that to Real I'd love it 

I completely agree with you. I've almost watched every single Real game this season because of the Brazilians, and they've been underwhelming but still seem to win. If they win the CL this season it's going to be the weirdest team to win it ever. I mean, they're an experienced side, but apart from Benzema, Vini and Courtois none of their players have been consistently decent this season. Even Modric has been quite up and down, and that defense has been a fucking roller coaster. Alaba and Militao are one day looking like a fantastic pairing, to then looking like u10s playing the next. The red thread throughout their wins here have been the fact that their substitutions has actually made an impact in games. 

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I love Carlo :lol: he’s like a friendly uncle

One of the few managers where it doesn't look like the job has aged him at all either. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah fair point tbf, I just think that if it keeps happening it’s a coaching issue. He’s had some nightmares in the CL, where he just wouldn't abandon his style. He hasn’t won one since Barca. 

That's true, I think his style is perfect for the league but not good in these knockout style games.

Just now, Sima said:

Liverpool 4-3

Blackburn 2-1

Been there, done that.

So have I, pretty sure being 2 goals ahead and 2 minutes away from the CL final would easily top my Shaka grasping at Fenton's shot PTSD dreams like. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

So have I, pretty sure being 2 goals ahead and 2 minutes away from the CL final would easily top my Shaka grasping at Fenton's shot PTSD dreams like. :lol:

The final they got to last season and will be fancied to get to again versus having your first title in 68 years ripped from your grasp?

I have to disagree like.