Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I think thats unfair. I don't think there's a particularly large hooligan element of any British club these days. It's seemingly more prominent on the continent. 

Loutish behaviour, yes. But that's different entirely. I'm assuming you prepare for and police loutish behaviour differently than organised violence.  Theyre all scum and should be treat as such attitude from both the police here and in Europe is unacceptable these days. It's perpetuated by classist sneering cunts back here, who wouldn't dream of going to a football game never mind travelling to see their team abroad.

I'm not sure like, it seemed a pretty fair stereotype to me when what British fans had done in Bruges and in Palermo was described to me by locals like. We might be better than we were and domestic hooliganism abroad may be worse but there's been a specific problem when our lot abroad.

Wouldn't disagree with you on the police though, we've seen the heights their hooligan stereotype excuse has reached over the years and I'd still bet on them behaving disproportionately if the hooligan stereotype didn't exist.

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Have pens after 90 minutes, then play extra time. I'm convinced this will make for a much better spectacle; means one team will always have to attempt to win the game.

Ha

If you win the shootout does it put you 1 ahead?

Then what happens if the other team equalises?

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Ha

If you win the shootout does it put you 1 ahead?

Then what happens if the other team equalises?

The only solution is another shootout, obviously.

100K Rangers fans in Seville last night, and only 1 arrest, a Frankfurt fan who assaulted a police officer is what I read this morning on the BBC I think it was. Hardly conforms to the stereotype of Union flag waving hooligans so many are so quick to bash them for. 

34 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

100K Rangers fans in Seville last night, and only 1 arrest, a Frankfurt fan who assaulted a police officer is what I read this morning on the BBC I think it was. Hardly conforms to the stereotype of Union flag waving hooligans so many are so quick to bash them for. 

Indeed

Just football fans in general get so much shite

Can tell in a lot of the media's tone how dissapointed they are they have behaved themselves as well