Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

There's some really big teams, relatively, in the 5th tier. Notts Co with their 19,000 stadium and 12,000 there tonight staying down. Loads of other former league clubs as well - I guess even their opponents Grimsby have played in the 2nd tier fairly recently. Pretty sure Southend have too. Stockport in the late 90's, although they have been promoted.

It was obviously just 1 up 1 down for ages, so at least there are two spots now, but it really should be 3, as it can be a nightmare to get out of it. I guess there's a lot of sugar daddy teams like Salford, Fleetwood, Forest Green, Harrogate etc. taking up league places and a lot of traditional clubs are falling by the wayside. Scunthorpe who were in the Championship with us the first time round will be down there next season, and Oldham who even played in the Premier League. Crazy.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Similar here :thup: Not quite sure why they've had such (relatively) shit times for so long, surely the size of them they should be a Bundesliga mainstay? 

Trying to think of the English equivalent of Hamburg now. Maybe a much bigger version of Forest? 

i think they are more like Arsenal - they are a huge club - One of Germanys most elite clubs - their demise … they have basically been run like us under Ashley - everything they do is wrong - bad mistake after bad mistake - they’ve become a huge laughing stock

Up until they were relegated several years back, they had never been relegated from the top tier - they even had a huge clock in the stadium showing how long they had been in the top flight 

2 hours ago, midds said:

Similar here :thup: Not quite sure why they've had such (relatively) shit times for so long, surely the size of them they should be a Bundesliga mainstay? 

Trying to think of the English equivalent of Hamburg now. Maybe a much bigger version of Forest? 

This pretty much explains everything. Had numerous farcical seasons on and off the pitch prior to going down.

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What’s this asthma & Liverpool stuff all about? Seen it mentioned a few times.

Doping rumour regarding the amount of alleged asthmatics in the Liverpool squad all puffing away on their inhalers. None of them had asthma before joining, and now they’ve all been diagnosed….

Roma vs Feyenoord Conference League final just started on BT Sport. 2 clubs we have played since 1999, and hopefully in the not too distant future.

Abraham and Smalling start for Roma, and a couple of recent former Premier League players. Not sure I've heard of any of the Feyenoord players.