Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Neres looks canny for Benfica.

Signed for a pittance from Shakhtar due to the issues over there.

Tete at Lyon look is on loan but looks like he will be nicked for a pittance too.

Both right sided left footers with lots of pace and skill.

That Neres gave us serious issues in the friendly game.

11 hours ago, HTT II said:

Liverpool’s cycle has come to an end, they need to rebuild, to be starting Henderson and Milner away to Man Utd says a lot. I thought Man Utd were decent, but Liverpool were awful, Salah scored but he was anonymous mostly, Firminho looks finished, VVD had a bit of a mare and Trent is so poor defensively. How many times did their ‘keeper kick it to no-one or out of play as well. To have kept pace with City for what 3-4 years now has been exceptional, once winning the title, but they now need to rebuild an ageing squad. I’ve said it a few times, Mane was so Important to them and they will realise that this season. I fancy Spurs and Arsenal to finish above them. Man Utd, despite their win, are still poor.

They need to invest in their midfield in particular. I haven’t seen enough of the likes of Jones and Elliott to know if they’re good enough, but Hendo, Milner, Thiago, and Fabinho aren’t getting any younger. 

edit: I’m pages behind. @rgk_lfc answered this better than I could. :thup:

Edited by Tomato Deuce

55 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

They need to invest in their midfield in particular. I haven’t seen enough of the likes of Jones and Elliott to know if they’re good enough, but Hendo, Milner, Thiago, and Fabinho aren’t getting any younger. 

edit: I’m pages behind. @rgk_lfc answered this better than I could. :thup:

Jones and Elliott are good enough to have a career in the PL. I am confident of that. Elliot looks like yet another technically solid, comfortable on the ball, clever young player which England seems to be producing a lot these days. Whether they are good enough to start for a team with ambitions of competing for a top 4, I am not sure about that. Definitely worth their place on the bench. 

Guest dazzanufc1892
9 minutes ago, TBG said:

There's a Barca Vs Man City friendly tonight? What in the name of consumerism.

I believe its for charity

West Ham taking this game a bit too seriously? Zero points on the board in the Prem with Villa on the weekend and they go away to Europe pretty much full strength despite having a two goal advantage. 

Edited by Astroblack