Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

If Brentford wins they go above us, so I'd prefer a draw or Burnley win. We're too far ahead now for a Burnley win to be of any concern anyway.

Edit: and it also put Everton in the relegation zone, which is quite funny.

Edited by Conjo

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

If Brentford wins they go above us, so I'd prefer a draw or Burnley win. We're too far ahead now for a Burnley win to be of any concern anyway.

They'd still be a point behind with a win, having played two games more

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

They'd still be a point behind with a win, having played two games more

Ah yes, I was watching a live table where they are currently on a point :doh:

Still, prefer a draw or Burnley win.

The only thing with a Burnley win is that if Leeds beat Norwich at home tomorrow, which is probably likely, and Everton beat Wolves, and we get a routine 2-0 defeat, obviously a lot of ifs there, but not too far fetched, things could get a little bit more twitchier ahead of our trip to Goodison on Thursday, so while I don't think we're in any real danger, and you can get 90/1 at some places for us to drop, I am still hoping for a draw here. That's the ideal result for me.

4 minutes ago, Paullow said:

The only thing with a Burnley win is that if Leeds beat Norwich at home tomorrow, which is probably likely, and Everton beat Wolves, and we get a routine 2-0 defeat, obviously a lot of ifs there, but not too far fetched, things could get a little bit more twitchier ahead of our trip to Goodison on Thursday, so while I don't think we're in any real danger, and you can get 90/1 at some places for us to drop, I am still hoping for a draw here. That's the ideal result for me.

Wolves aren’t losing to Everton.

But yeah, especially after a being on such a run and a lot of momentum, it is quite nice watching other results with no real pressure and picking positives out of any scenario.

• Brentford win - clearly the best result from a pure Newcastle survival perspective and those not too bothered whether we finish 13th-17th
  • Draw - Everton slip into the relegation zone, and 2 points dropped for both sides in a what would be considered a winnable game, and neither gain any real notable ground on us
  • Burnley win - worst result for Everton, the gap to 18th does decrease, but then again, Brentford will be 4 points behind us, played 2 games more, only 9 games remaining and will have passed up probably their most winnable match of the season at home to a team in the relegation zone.

I'm just going to sit back, relax, and see what unfolds.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Wolves aren’t losing to Everton.

I know odds are just a number (and we beat Southampton as a 3/1 underdog) but Everton are 5/4 to win, so it's still the most likely from a neutral perspective. Leeds will certainly be firm faves to beat Norwich, and we're like 10/1 to beat Chelsea, so individually, they are the most likely scenario, although all 3 results going the absolute wrong way collectively is probably unlikely.

If Burnley go down, would McNeil be a good target as comptetition for ASM & Fraser? Still only 22. Thought he was at least 25 for some reason :lol: I'm not sure if he's genuine quality, or if he just seems to be good due to the general technical quality of the rest of Burnleys team.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

I know odds are just a number (and we beat Southampton as a 3/1 underdog) but Everton are 5/4 to win, so it's still the most likely from a neutral perspective. Leeds will certainly be firm faves to beat Norwich, and we're like 10/1 to beat Chelsea, so individually, they are the most likely scenario, although all 3 results going the absolute wrong way collectively is probably unlikely.

Still mid morning here, you’ve just broken me reading that. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If Burnley go down, would McNeil be a good target as comptetition for ASM & Fraser? Still only 22. Thought he was at least 25 for some reason :lol: I'm not sure if he's genuine quality, or if he just seems to be good due to the general technical quality of the rest of Burnleys team.

No thanks 

With only one Premier League match in the 3pm's, my attention is also on #BrucieWatch, just in case he somehow manages to bundle his way into the playoff picture.

Blackburn (4th) vs Bristol C 0-0

Coventry (11th) vs Sheff U (5th) 1-1

Millwall (9th) vs Middlesbrough (8th) 0-0

Nott'm Forest (10th) vs Reading 1-0

6th place Luton are at home to 7th placed QPR live on Sky tomorrow at 12pm.