Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Everton will survive unfortunately, I think Leeds are most likely to drop if Burnley get out of it, conceding shedloads of goals

Disagree, if Everton don’t get 3 points against us or Wolves I think they’re fucked 

Just now, gbandit said:

Disagree, if Everton don’t get 3 points against us or Wolves I think they’re fucked 

Haven't looked too closely at the remaining fixtures but I think Everton will win a couple of home games and spawn out of it. Hope you're right though.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Haven't looked too closely at the remaining fixtures but I think Everton will win a couple of home games and spawn out of it. Hope you're right though.

Not a good run - if they don't beat us they'll be in and out of the bottom 3 for the remaining games.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Would rather Leeds stay up over Burnley, who offer nothing to the league but eye bleeding football.

Same, always thought Leeds brought something to the Premier, although it's a bit less once they stabbed Bielsa in the back.

Yeah, I guess the theory of hoping Burnley stay up as they are very likely to struggle the following season doesn't, or shouldn't, apply to us anymore, and after that, they don't bring much to the table and have probably been there long enough now, plus if you were wanting more northern teams in the league then if they do stay up, it will almost certainly be at the expense of another northern club, albeit one who pretty much everyone on here would like to see drop :lol:

I'd also like to see Leeds stay up. I really like the city, and they definitely do add more to the league than many others. Leeds vs Man Utd feels like a big match, and to a lesser extent Liverpool, especially when you consider the classics they have had over the years in the PL, the Viduka match particularly springs to mind.

Maybe the best chance for a team to shake things up would be Watford - they do still have to play Leeds, Everton, Brentford, and Burnley all at home, so they have the fixtures to do so, but they obviously need to start winning, and soon.

35 minutes ago, TRon said:

Same, always thought Leeds brought something to the Premier, although it's a bit less once they stabbed Bielsa in the back.

I hope they go down I live near Leeds and all the fans I know were giving it the bigun at the beginning of the season saying "top half finish no bother" 

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I hope they go down I live near Leeds and all the fans I know were giving it the bigun at the beginning of the season saying "top half finish no bother" 

Yes I know their fans are up themselves a bit, but they still bring the big match atmosphere which makes the Premier what it is.

What would you look forward to more? A chance to turn over Leeds at a pulsating St James or a game against Burnley?

I'm totally lost over why Toney's penalties are supposedly unsaveable like. Always to the right, often at a good height for goalkeepers, and not always right in the corner doesn't sound as unsaveable as his record suggests.