Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

It's an interesting one. I've been in the '17th is fine' camp for so long, so from that perspective, 18th placed Burnley losing is an absolute no brainer, especially when it's a relatively very winnable game, but at the same time, we maybe are in more of a position now to pick and choose how we would like to see certain results go, and it would be pretty funny to see Everton drop in to the bottom 3 - I must emphasise I've been against that mindset for so long, but now we are on 31 points it maybe is changing a bit.

Assuming the bottom 2 are down, in terms of who I would like to see drop after that, the order for me would be Everton, Brentford, Burnley, Leeds, so a Burnley win would be the best from that POV, however, there's still a teeny bit of (natural) pessimism in me, so I'm probably hoping for a draw.

A quick 'Brentford Burnley nufc' Twitter search brings up the following, so seems there are a few hoping for Burnley to win:

Edited by Paullow

There's no reason to be hoping for results based on our survival anymore. 

In saying that, I really couldn't care less this weekend. I'm sick of Burnley in the PL, but Everton going down would be hilarious. So I'll take either. 

I didn't realise / forgot that Brighton won 4 of their first 5 PL matches, so their last 22 games are 3W D12 L7. I guess it's still roughly a point per game which isn't a disaster, and 36.3 points would probably keep you up most seasons, but 3 wins in 22 is pretty poor.

10 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Mackems are doing the same this afternoon n all

Are they taking the piss?

This is the club who were one of the 1st to stop kneeling for BLM because their fans boo’d it constantly. The fans who hold banners up saying refugees are not welcome. 100% their fans will by and large be saying no Ukrainians should be allowed into the country, yet they are going to play in yellow and blue to show support?

18 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Brighton wearing their away kit at home purely cos it's the colours of the Ukrainian flag...

Didn't the Premier League reject a proposal in December for all Premier League clubs to wear there away kits on boxing day for a homelessness charity as it broke the rules of the League? How are Brighton allowed to do that, unless they've pulled a fast one.